Apple Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

private4587

Reaction score
My wife likes to use the apples and pears from our three trees for making crumble and the likes. But for some reason she didn't get round to it last year as a consequence i have a freezer full of frozen apple that has been boiled/stewed and frozen. My question is has we have already done the same with this years batch and there is no room in freezer could i use the ones from last year and make some cider. If so could someone give me a run down on how to do this i.e how much would i need and what else to add.I have made a few TC's and ham happy with these but just want to free some freezer room and don't want them to go to waste

lots of threads on here about how to make cider from apples....

....but are you asking how to make cider from frozen apple crumble mix ?

if you would literally just be throwing it away I don't suppose it can hurt to dilute some frozen mix, lob in some yeast and see what happens......but I wouldn't be optimistic ........

as I write I worry that I misunderstand the question....

So you've stewed the apples and frozen the resulting mush?
You could certainly make an alcoholic beverage from it but I somehow doubt that it will taste like cider as stewed apples don't taste like raw apples. If I were you I'd make a gallon of it and see what it tastes like. Maybe add sugar as well so it'll turn out wine strength.

have a google for ice cider, and juice and strain. I doubt you can press the pulp as it will me too soft but if you can thaw out just the concentrated juice you might get an interesting drink.

Back