St peters ipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicko

Reaction score
Hi all.
I was going to start the St peters ipa tonight and realised its a muntons kit with a miserly 6g sachet of yeast. Has anyone had any issues with the kit yeast and if so, any suggestions for a replacement?

Thanks in advance

Dicko

I've not done this kit but I'd probably just use a Wilko Gervin yeast (do you have a Wilkinsons nearby?)

I've not done this kit but I'd probably just use a Wilko Gervin yeast (do you have a Wilkinsons nearby?)

Hi rich.
I already have a few spare wilkos and muntons gervin ale yeasts in case of emergencies just wasn't sure to use it.

Cheers.

Hi all.
I was going to start the St peters ipa tonight and realised its a muntons kit with a miserly 6g sachet of yeast. Has anyone had any issues with the kit yeast and if so, any suggestions for a replacement?

Thanks in advance

Dicko

I had fermentation issues with a muttons kit a few weeks back. Nothing time didn't sort out though.

Hi all.

Thanks in advance

Dicko

I made this kit in Jan. Had no issues with the yeast and the beer is lovely. Still have some bottles left and it is quite sublime. i recommend 3 months in the bottle for excellent results.

I had fermentation issues with a muttons kit a few weeks back. Nothing time didn't sort out though.

Hi tiddlywin.
The reason I was concerned was I've just bottled a conkerwood over the weekend which had stuck at 1020. After the usual attempts at trying to get it going again I eventually re-pitched a Wilko real ale yeast. All told it spent 4 weeks in the FV. :mad:

Dicko

I made this kit in Jan. Had no issues with the yeast and the beer is lovely. Still have some bottles left and it is quite sublime. i recommend 3 months in the bottle for excellent results.

Hi jakeyboi thanks for the reply.
I've read through the threads on the kit and nobody mentioned a problem with the kit yeast so just wanted to make sure.
Just out of interest did you brew it per instructions, (32 pints)?

Dicko

Hi jakeyboi thanks for the reply.
I've read through the threads on the kit and nobody mentioned a problem with the kit yeast so just wanted to make sure.
Just out of interest did you brew it per instructions, (32 pints)?

Dicko

I can't remember, my notes say I brewed to 19L. OG was 1050.

Thanks jakeyboi.
Just checked sg and it's at 1049 so not too bad.

As I've got spare ale yeasts I'm gonna go with the kit yeast and keep my fingers crossed. If it sticks, I'm prepared!

Cheers

Dicko

Hi tiddlywin.
The reason I was concerned was I've just bottled a conkerwood over the weekend which had stuck at 1020. After the usual attempts at trying to get it going again I eventually re-pitched a Wilko real ale yeast. All told it spent 4 weeks in the FV. :mad:

Dicko
Yeah. I noticed that the Muttons kit I had which stopped just shy of 1012 spent an extra week in the FV prior to bottling. Actually turned out very well and now have none of the left haha.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Yeah. I noticed that the Muttons kit I had which stopped just shy of 1012 spent an extra week in the FV prior to bottling. Actually turned out very well and now have none of the left haha.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hi all.
Just a quick update on the St peters ipa. I went with the kit yeast which I pitched Sunday night, (22:10 17) . I decided to use the heat belt due to the recent drop on temp and when I checked the gravity on Saturday dinner it was down to 1012, (sg1048). So will leave till next weekend and hopefully should be down to 1010 by then So, happy days.

Cheers to all:cheers:

Dicko

Latest posts

Back