simple ag

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all,

a quick question,

if I was to make the following recipe could I make it as a boil in a bag beer.

and question 2
how long should I keep it conditioning for before I am able to drink it.

Recipe:

• 2kg Maris Otter
  • One packet of hops fuggles
  • One packet of yeast, 6g
thanks

dave

hi clint,

Thanks for the quick response, I have done kit beers before and some of these have taken upto 6 months to come good, how will I know from all grain when they are ready to drink.
cheers

Hi,

As Clint said yes, you can make an AG this way and this is the way I usually brew. I'm assuming you are making about a 10 litre batch. A whole pack of fuggles (100g ?) sounds quite a lot, but if you like it bitter / hoppy, go for it.

I normally give it 2 weeks in the fermenter and a minimum of 2 weeks in the bottles, it will continue to improve for a few months, if you can manage to leave it that long.

Here's a recipe you can try (12L brew, or 10L if you want it stronger), it's got some Crystal Malt in it too to make it more of an English bitter. OG 1040ish.

2kg MO
145g Crystal Malt
30g Fuggles boiled for an hour
6g of yeast is perfect for this size brew

If you want it more hoppy, add some more Fuggles in the last 10min and/or steep.

Here's how I do my 10/12L BIAB brews, I put the oven on min and then turn off before putting the stock pot in during the mash, to keep the temp up. Give the mash a real good stir at the start, mid-point and end, and dunk sparge in a few litres of water in your FV. The after lifting the grain bag out, pour the sparge water back in and do the boil.

IMG_8922.JPG

IMG_8924.JPG

Latest posts

Back