Advice needed for Weiss

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

noodle
Reaction score
Ok so I have a festival German Weiss brewing and the SG is stable so I'm going to bottle tomorrow (if that's the right thing to do).

The thing is the beer has become very clear and not as tasty over the course of the fermentation. There are no signs of any infection and it doesn't smell or taste particularly bad, just not as amazing or cloudy as before (about day 7).

I was advised that I need to get the yeast in when I drink it as this is where a lot of flavour comes from but this confused me.

How am I going to get the yeast in when it wasn't in the beer when I took a gravity reading? Does it further multiply in the bottles and I'll have a nice cloudy yeasty beer? When I transfer to my bottling bucket do I need to stir up the trub or something? I'm so confused haha. I want it to taste as good as it did before!

Ok so I have a festival German Weiss brewing and the SG is stable so I'm going to bottle tomorrow (if that's the right thing to do).

The thing is the beer has become very clear and not as tasty over the course of the fermentation. There are no signs of any infection and it doesn't smell or taste particularly bad, just not as amazing or cloudy as before (about day 7).

I was advised that I need to get the yeast in when I drink it as this is where a lot of flavour comes from but this confused me.

How am I going to get the yeast in when it wasn't in the beer when I took a gravity reading? Does it further multiply in the bottles and I'll have a nice cloudy yeasty beer? When I transfer to my bottling bucket do I need to stir up the trub or something? I'm so confused haha. I want it to taste as good as it did before!

When you prime it for bottling you will get sediment after its refermented in the bottle. :thumb: just pour the beer and swirl the last 1-2 cms left in the bottle and pour on top. - cloudy beer again! - you could use a fizzy drinks plastic bottle as a carbonation tester - when the bottle gets rock hard put the bottles somewhere cooler.

When you prime it for bottling you will get sediment after its refermented in the bottle. :thumb: just pour the beer and swirl the last 1-2 cms left in the bottle and pour on top. - cloudy beer again! - you could use a fizzy drinks plastic bottle as a carbonation tester - when the bottle gets rock hard put the bottles somewhere cooler.

Oh nice thanks! :-D crisis averted haha

Back