'Get Er Brewed' Custom Kit - Help Needed!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanobrfc

Reaction score
Afternoon All!

Not brewed for a couple of months now and starting again today. I've got a custom kit from Get Er Brewed and looking to put it on later. I've attached a picture of the contents to this post.

I've got a couple of questions on this and hoping someone can help!

1. There doesn't seem to be any brewing sugar to add at the start. Is this right? If not, what should I add and how much?

2. It's got a 'hop bitterness liquid' with this kit, 70 IBU, which I've never used before. How do I use this? Which stage do I add it?

3. I've got some orange peel with this kit, too. How do I add this in and at what stage?

4. If anyone has any other advice or thoughts they can add, please do!

Thanks very much for your help!

Sam.

IMG_5648.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about additional sugar. A lot of the premmium kits like Festival, are mainly two containers of malt extract it's only the ones with higher starting gravities that have some additional sugar. As for the peel and hop oil I can't help i would hazzard as guess the go in towards the end of fermentation but I'm sure there are others who can advise better.

Thanks for your help! I'll leave the sugar.

Does anyone know on the hop oil and orange peel?

Didn't you get any instructions with this kit?
If not I would contact Get er Brewed rather than folks on here guessing (all with good intent), unless of course someone on here has actually successfully made up this kit and can advise .
In addition to the hop oil and the orange peel you have three bags of hop pellets in the photo some of which may be intended for a boil of some sort as opposed to a dry hop, both of which achieve completely different things.

I am confused to be honest.

You say this is a custom kit? Meaning you ordered it yourself, specifying your own ingredients yes? Were you following a recipe, or just winging it?

If it's a custom kit, surely that would be why no instructions? They'd assume you knew what you wanted to do with it no? Otherwise you'd order a pre-made kit.

Good luck. :thumb:

Absolutely - that's why there's no instructions.

Just realised that there's a couple of things I've not used in a brew before so more of a 'how to' I was looking for

You’ve ordered the hop tea bags. So you strep them in hot water and then add the ‘hop tea’ to the brew. I don’t know whether you should use all or some of the tea bags though. I’ve never used orange peel either so someone else would need to tell you when to add that. Where did you get the recipe from?

Latest posts

Back