The annual wetherspoons real ale festival 2017

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
popped in this dinner time to try some samples and had these 3,and I have to mark them all at no less than 4/5:thumb: all excellent ales and kept beautifully,i will update as I go along we have until a week on sunday so im hoping to get a fair wack of the minimum 30 on offer:whistle::lol:
please feel free to add your comments should you try any on offer at your local spoons:thumb:

The barman advised me that the Theakstans Pink Grapefruit ale tasted like fairy liquid and suggested I tried it first... He was right! Bad batch perhaps?

The barman advised me that the Theakstans Pink Grapefruit ale tasted like fairy liquid and suggested I tried it first... He was right! Bad batch perhaps?
one of my top favourite ales is hobgoblin gold and have to say on at least 3/4 occasions in the spoons over the last two years or so I have never had a decent pint of it:oops:

The grapefruit ale appeared in our aberdeen 'spoons as well. Apparently it was god awful here too.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Made it into a weatherspoons in islington on friday evening. Had a swift half of Truman's Waterloo sunset. Was a nice beer although felt it needed more carbonation. Not sure if this is the style or just too young?

20171023_081930.jpg

an update on yesterdays visit Monday lunch time and another 4 new ones for sampling 3 out of the 4 were lovely with the Bombardier which isn't pictured nothing remotely special

IMG_20171023_115958[1].jpg

IMG_20171023_115257[1].jpg

IMG_20171023_115135[1].jpg

IMG_20171023_115131[1].jpg

Popped into the local Spoons for a beer after playing squash tonight. Most of the beers I would have gone for were waiting to come on so opted for the Banana Bread Beer. Good Lord, it was nearer to a milkshake than a beer. I didn’t think the banana taste would be so pronounced - revolting.

still going strong at the local spoons and had another dodge in yesterday lunch time,tried 3 of them and again all very good.particulary liked the hoppy copper and surprisingly liked the wheat beer which im not a big fan of the style:thumb:

IMG_20171027_121028[1].jpg

IMG_20171027_114906[1].jpg

IMG_20171027_114826[1].jpg

Popped into Spoons today and had a couple of pints of Chestnut Red from the Lancaster Brewery. Absolutely superb! Best beer I've had for ages.

Supped 6 pints in the wrexham spoons on Friday night. The Shropshire lad wasn't half bad as was the stronghold dark ale...Sara cen ipa was ****...then picked up a rather vicious vindaloo from the Indian which turned my Saturday into a Japanese flag type of affair and cancelled my brewing as I felt dreadful!

Latest posts

Back