Wilko Cabernet Sauvignon and Wilko Dark Cherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunken Horse

Still a Newb
Reaction score
Finally got started brewing after my home move. Decided on doing some of the half price kits from Wilko's sale. I was brave and modified the kits a bit based on reviews and discussions on here. Will add pics later

Wilko Cabernet Sauvignon

I added 1 litre of red grape juice adjusting the sugar amounts accordingly. I then used 170g of Fructose and 170g of dextrose. I also added a whole bottle of wilko grape extract. This might have been a mistake as the SG went off the scale. It needs 2 litres of water added on day 4 and using the top up calculator above my adjudted SG is 1078. Made a couple of schoolboy errors opened the can too much so the lid fell into the grape juice. And forgot to take the SG before I added the yeast and nutrient so it gota bit messy.

Day 5 the ferment got a bit active had to clean the air lock out about 5 times as wine had got into the water though no escaping and had settled down this morning. The smell is fantastic so hoping this is going well.

Started the dark cherry 2 days later and used 2 litres of cherry juice as I heard theres not much cherry flavour at the end. topped up with 280g of dextrose.

This is going well and has a real good cherry smell coming through in the vent.

Back