Wilko day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryF

Brew Numpty
Reaction score
Afternoon all, I'm having a Wilko day today, I'm bottling my Wilko Sweet Newkie brown and putting on a Wilko Cerveza (both being Valentine pressies from SWMBO it doesn't hurt to drop everything and brew them first). I will be adhering to the rule of having a home brew when doing a home brew but later on as I had a couple of my Coopers stouts last night and then went to the pub with SWMBO and had a few too many draft Warsteiners.

Brewed 23L
Wilko Sweet Newkie Brown
Brewed 15/02/15
1kg Youngs brew enhancer
250g light brown sugar
25g Aramis hops boiled for 20 mins
dry hopped 10g Aramais hops for five days
13 days in FV at 21c
OG:1040
FG:1010
bottled with 3/4 tspoon light brown sugar

Had a taste when I tested the SG and for a kit I probably wouldn't have bought myself I'm really pleased with it and I'm looking forward to trying a first bottle in a month or so to see how it's doing. (I will post this in the reviews section)

I'll be doing the same with the Cerveza

Anyway gotta run them bottles won't wash themselves

When you've done your bottles you can have a go at mine, there's about 150 that need a goin over.

Scaff

Sunday last was a Tupelo Brown the started to Bubble the air Lock on Monday. Monday afternoon the air Lock was fouled. On the blow off tube into a jar of Sanitizer. Strong Fermentation is always encouraging.

Jay
Crab Eye Rising

Scaff, tell me about it, between the bottles I'm emptying and the bottles im scrounging I've got about the same to do.

JayB, I was really pleased by the way the fermentation kicked off with the Newkie Brown, the 11g of Gervin yeast certainly helped. It's been in the bottles for a week now and they're hardening nicely, oh well, only another ten days and I can try my first test bottle. As I said I wouldn't have bought this kit myself but now I'm really looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back