Fermentasorus v ss brewmaster

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meirion658

Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm thinking of buying one of the above but cant decide for the life of me which one I should go for.

I all ready own one brewmaster which is an excellent bit of kit. I use this purely for fermentation of wort from grainfather.

My question is what are the pro and cons of both.

I mainly brew Belgium ales which require bottle conditioning.

I also brew a few styles of APA IPA etc which I keg. This negates the need for the fermentasorus to be used as a serving platform etc.

Please help!!!

The best feature of the Fermentosaurus for kegging seems to be ease of transfer between the vessels as it can be done under pressure - the Gash Slugg vid on Youtube shows this. I had the same choice to make a few weeks ago and went for the SS Brewtech bucket, mainly because it will never need to be replaced. I can't comment on the Fermentosaurus but the SS bucket is a beautiful piece of kit, probably the best quality brewing item I own. It's so well made, feels like a professional piece of equipment. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

I'm well chuffed with this

IMG_1220.jpg

From what I've read/seen on you tube vids a downside is the yeast/trub harvesting facility is cack. The jar isnt nearly as big as what you really need (you need to change the jar multiple times) plus you need to purge the jar with C02 each time or you'll oxidise the beer

This is the issue I have about dry hopping and the collection bottle etc. I think another brewmaster on the cards

could you stack two bm buckets on one another in the same fridge, or would the weight be two much?

How do you do temp control with Brewtech fermenter? I'd love one but wouldn't fit in my brewfridge.

I have their 35ltr mash tun and 35ltr kettle. They are great pieces of kit. Solid.

I was asked if the Brewtech fermenter would fit in a fridge and I said it fits in my freezer with a lift up lid, I put it in last night and there is no room for an airlock at all, had to put a piece of cling film with a small hole.
The long legged beauty comes with a price 😉

I was asked if the Brewtech fermenter would fit in a fridge and I said it fits in my freezer with a lift up lid, I put it in last night and there is no room for an airlock at all, had to put a piece of cling film with a small hole.
The long legged beauty comes with a price 😉

No need to put a hole in the cling film. I've always covered my FV's with clingfilm held on with an elastic band, sans hole. The C02 always manages to escape

I use my fridge to control the temp as the brewmaster has a well for the temp control.

Common sense would say no, which is why I flagged it up. Most brewers have brew fridges, these Fvs are designed to be stacked. I was interested in how people got around the weight issue.

I use the SS Brewtech one with the thermowell and it's awesome. It comes with a thermometer that plugs in but I plug the probe from my STC1000 into it instead so I can get a reading of the internal temp. I'd highly recommend this bit of kit.

I've seen quite a few people fit them in under counter fridges but you have to get one with a compressor that's small enough. I went for a larder fridge as I had space for one and built a wooden shelf for it. If you can't fit an airlock in then a blowoff tube into a bottle can work as that doesn't need a lot of height. I find that even without very vigorous yeast I still use the blowoff because the headspace on the SS buckets isnt' as big as the 30L plastic buckets I used before.

I also have a larder fridge, if not stacked, is there enough room to put two on different shelves? Currently using speidal 30 litres plastic ones that are fine, but can't fit two in my larder fridge.

Went and bought my second brewmaster this morning instead of the fermentasorus.

The issue of adding hops through the bottom and adding all that 02 to the mix made the decision in the end. However I like the idea of the yeast collection.

Latest posts

Back