Bit of diy help required

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
Built myself a little router table to do a few things around the house,tried to set it up with the router this afternoon and the rotating tool bit doesn't protrude through the hole in the table enough,the top of the bench table is 18 mm thick,the router us a titan R07W36,that I had gifted to me without instructions,is it a case of removing the springs off the side poles so the router can travel farther up the posts allowing the tool to clear the table hole? Thanks in advance
Edit,the router is a plunge router with 1/2 inch bits that have 30mm long shanks maybe I need extra long shank bits?

Your best bet is to use a router table insert, which slots into the table and is thinner so you get more depth as it were. Something like this but there are others. I have no connection to this company so hope posting this link is ok.

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+woodwo...ter-tables-xact-insert-plate-rutlands+rtx5001
Still wouldn't let the router plunge deep enough,I think now I know what is required, a collet extension which are about £15 unless anyone knows cheaper in the UK as I need it asap

Back