5 DJ heater for £20

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkbeast

Reaction score
I had a eureka moment the other day when I realised the two large propagating trays I have for providing bottom heat for germinating seeds could be doubled up for the rest of the year as DJ heaters. Mine measure 54cm by 35cm (internal space) and I can get 5 DJs and two starter bottles in this space. Works great and i don't know why i did not think of it before....

PB030341.jpg

This one is 52 by 42 and £19.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sankey-52cm-Ele ... m_sbs_lp_3

Porky....

Snort!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find....but, you have to be careful with those things.
Not many of them have any sort of thermostatic control, most of them just provide a low level but constant heat source. In a lot of cases they can heat up the liquid in the DJ's way higher than is desirable.

That's still good going, and also it must be remembered that most yeasts only become damaged after 48 degrees centigrade - fine for most things exept for lager.I doubt that any of the fermenters will go anywhere close to this at this time of year....Bargain! :thumb:

It is a gentle heat designed to warm plants which yeast is of course. I don't think the temp. will be a problem but I will monitor it. At the moment after 3 days they feel blood warm and are going like billyo...

You can get ones with thermostats but they are very expensive.

Porky...

Snort!

Latest posts

Back