You know when you massively cock a beer up but it turns out fantastic...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
I brewed a bitter (5L batch) a few weeks ago a cocked it up. It was supposed to be about 4.5% but turned out to be about 6.2%. I also didnt take very many notes. I'm just drinking the last bottle of it and it's turned out to be great. It's turned out to be kind of like one of those stong bitters like Fullers 1845 or Shepard Neame 1698. I'm not exactly sure what I did to make this beer so I'll probably never be able to re-create it :-(

Lol I do that every time except for the house stout! No recipe, no notes, just make it up on the fly. Every one's a winner!

Best beer I've brewed so far was my 'Mongrel IPA' made with leftover grains and hops - hence the name.

I will be making it again for sure as I recorded the ingredients/recipe thank god, not a cock up but similarly shows the beer gods are smiling down on us :smile:

The best pilsner I ever made was lagered at the wrong tempreture, and while I doubt it would have passed the palate of a Grand Master beer judge it tasted bloody good to me.

Back