Shipyard Rye Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly why there's such a variety of beers in the world due too the complexity of people's pallets 👍

Sent from my ALE-L21

Yeahhh Gerry I'm with you with that one!
For the beer taste good....but there always else come along to get my taste buds going crackers!!!
When will it stop lol!!
Today I was pointed out with a blood orange wheat beer!! Sounds right up my street...but for me a new experiment with hops is going to be fun with the citrus IPA experiment...
Looking at all the citrus, tropical style hops might turn out a farce!! If I don't over do the weights..to the volume.
If you know what I mean?
Sometimes little is the best answer!
But I'll end up with about 10+ IPA's
Called...critra/cascade IPA, ammarillo/citra IPA....etc etc..
Hoppy bomb! I'd say...
Bri

Yeahhh Gerry I'm with you with that one!
For the beer taste good....but there always else come along to get my taste buds going crackers!!!
When will it stop lol!!
Today I was pointed out with a blood orange wheat beer!! Sounds right up my street...but for me a new experiment with hops is going to be fun with the citrus IPA experiment...
Looking at all the citrus, tropical style hops might turn out a farce!! If I don't over do the weights..to the volume.
If you know what I mean?
Sometimes little is the best answer!
But I'll end up with about 10+ IPA's
Called...critra/cascade IPA, ammarillo/citra IPA....etc etc..
Hoppy bomb! I'd say...
Bri
My mate pimped up some LME using Citra and some other hop which I forgot the name and dry hopped it using 25g of each.Well he calls it sour pour and it's nice but the first mouthful it's one of those contortions you can't stop but and found myself wanting to try it again to see if I got that reaction.i enjoyed it but couldn't drink too much in the one sitting..
Citra is nice is small doses but too much and it's like drinking a sherbet dip.

Gerry

I would love to be able to make something like the Shipyard American IPA. It's my favourite commercial brew at the moment, and at the moment it's on offer at Sainsbury's for ��£1.65 a bottle .

If anyone has any ideas on this recipe or contacts at Shipyard I'd be very grateful.

The blurb just says "a whole bunch of audacious American hops". "explodes with grapefruity citrus flavour" so I'm guessing Cascade is probably in there.

This is what I use to clone their traditional IPA based on a 21.50L batch (attached)

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 17.06.30.png

Latest posts

Back