Easy fruit wine / cider / beer HELP !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renton87

Reaction score
Hey guys !

I am working out in Australia at the minute in a small town and working on a orange farm I really want any recipe and how to guide for any basic alcohol I could make with oranges please ...
The quicker the fermentation the better ha ! I was thinking about using a paint tub 15 litres and I could pick up a airlock in town if needed , sugar and possibly bread yeast ? I don't know what is possible so any advice would be awesome thanks ✌️

Quite a few orange recipes knocking round, but I would advise against using a paint tub for safety reasons. Get yourself a food grade tub. When you say quickly are you looking for anything nice or just alcoholic? Wouldn't use bread yeast either and it can impart off flavours. There is a big home brew community is Oz so sourcing proper equipment to do a proper job shouldn't be a problem. You'll also need a few additives and steriliser. Find yourself a home brew shop and I'll go grab some recipes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply ....

It's just I'm in the middle of nowhere for 3 months then after I will be leaving so don't really want to pay out big for equipment for only a couple of brews then leave it behind ha so trying everything on the cheap , yeah I have seen with oranges and champagne yeast can make it quick but other than that not much else I can find , would beer yeast be ok to put in ?
Yeah any recipes, time it takes things like that would be awesome thanks again

3 months isn't going be to much good for wine. Even a Wurzel would be tight, I don't touch my wurzels for at least 3 months. Beer or some kind of cider would be your best bet, wine takes more than 3 months to mature. You could try some variant of Wurzel using the juice of those oranges but you will still need the additives, grape juice, sugar etc. In lieu of demijohns 2 x 5l water bottles would suffice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back