Home Brewing Stainless Steel Malt Mill £9:99

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had an email from Amazon and the seller is out of stock.
649ed611beb6e58720d6696fe936fc93.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

That email is Amazon secret code for hiding a Chinese malt mill fraud. It's a bit like the old 'cleaner to aisle 7, wet spillage' announcement is supermarkets, which really means Doreen from green grocery is getting her baps out in the canteen!

That email is Amazon secret code for hiding a Chinese malt mill fraud. It's a bit like the old 'cleaner to aisle 7, wet spillage' announcement is supermarkets, which really means Doreen from green grocery is getting her baps out in the canteen!
I thought the baps were in the aisle with the rest of the bread.:whistle:

I've just received a delivery confirmation for this coming Monday!

I must admit I'm a little surprised, as I only placed the order a few days ago and expected a note from Amazon cancelling the order.

So it will be interesting to see what this mill looks like, and will it be better than my converted pasta machine that a got of eBay for about 7 euro :)

I've just received a delivery confirmation for this coming Monday!

I must admit I'm a little surprised, as I only placed the order a few days ago and expected a note from Amazon cancelling the order.

So it will be interesting to see what this mill looks like, and will it be better than my converted pasta machine that a got of eBay for about 7 euro :)

I'm hoping that its a great bit of kit from someone who doesn't know its value.

If that doesn't happen I'm hoping its s small model for the toy brewery...

Just received email to say that the mill has been shipped although no payment has been drawn down.

Will it arrive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shipping out of China is virtually free thanks to the antiquated barter system called the Universal Postal Union. The balance of the cost is picked up by the receiving country.

Amazon are showing my mill as 'on the way' but not getting any joy entering the tracking number into 4PX tracking website, I ordered on 30th July, dispatched on 2nd August, due to be delivered (allegedly) between 18-31 August.

Anyone else any further forward ?

c10e79f6d13e93d9041a323d37d5565b.png

Mine is also en-route... if it actually turns up this will be amazing!

It seems not just the mill that is 'unexpectedly out of stock'. The seller's storefront, that was renamed to Marlon Green and which a week ago had over twenty-thousand items all at �£9.99... is now completely empty. Seems unlikely that every item would have sold out and nothing else be listed; more probable that Amazon has somewhat belatedly pulled the plug and blocked any transactions yet to go through.

Keep an eye out for someone new setting up on Amazon and listing thousands more suspiciously cheap and strangely priced items that aren't expected to arrive for weeks...

As yet nothing has been deducted from my PayPal account and the delivery date is still showing August 17.
I'll keep the thread updated as the soap continues :)

Latest posts

Back