Temperature Control solution

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LED_ZEP

Reaction score
So here's what I use. It's easy and quite cheap to make.

The panels are just two plywood boards (4mm and 9mm thickness) with 10mm of cardboard sandwiched between. same for the lid but top peace of ply is 12mm.

The box at the bottom has two 40w bulbs in it and the temp controlled by a controller bought of Ebay for about £12. I normally have it set to come on at 23c and go off at 23.5c. You can't see in the pics but the barrel sits on 4mm thick ribs to allow air flow under the barrel. There's also holes drilled in each corner. The temp sensor is just wrapped around the bin handle so it's touching the side of the bin.

It's also ideal for racking as it's a nice height to sit the barrel on while syphoning.

Unlike a heating mat this insulated box will also help hold down temp on the odd occasion it gets above 25c here.

100_3196.jpg

100_3190.jpg

100_3189.jpg

fantastic.. I am thinking of ways to control temp for about 4 to 6 FV's - at the minute I have just got the 42l tough tubs with aquarium heaters..

Latest posts

Back