Bottling error!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanManley

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just*had a fu$#%ng nightmare of a bottling session.

It’s all because in was trying to rush it through and go to bed. Ended up doubling my time.

Firstly I put 10l into 2 Mini-kegs and forgot to add the sugar before I put the bungs in. I only however realised I did this after adding too much sugar to my remaining 10l*which I batch primed for bottling.

So I bottle the batch prime without stirring, loads of unresolved sugar left in the bottling bucket however now no idea if it’ll be over or under carbonated. Will have to see.

Anyway back to the Mini-kegs. I’ve now realised my error and had to knock the bottom part of the bung in and 're-bunged. Did both. Then realised i did it again… are you sh!tt$%g me!!

So I then thought ********. I can’t leave two bottom parts of a bung in there so rekegged to another 2 Mini-kegs and this time (finally) got it right.

Annoyingly the beer looks and tastes awesome and nailed the FG so if I’ve ruined it in packaging I’ll be devastated.

Now just have to wait two weeks to find out!

25add637026a59e12b5509272cbb514f.jpg
571fbd5bf18091036e898c2cd6451959.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hope it turns it ok mate!

Had a nightmare recently with mini kegs. It was my first time using them and my first time bottling from an auto siphon. I believe it's seen too much oxygen from packaging and racking to secondary due to the siphon, plus the fact both bungs on the mini kegs seem to be leaking! And I haven't any spares! We shall see....

You get stuff like that happen - always seems to come in two's or threes when things aren't going well !

Sure it will all be great once carbed up.

Smells and tastes awesome. The colour. Not what it once was...
f2e332b506f9a27f65698102fb6fb70f.jpg
a899753567103f566a535780c92bab21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back