Blackcurrant TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigeck

Tight Ass Jock
Reaction score
Impressed enough with my first batch of TC I'm jumping in with a second before the first is ready.

Lowicz black currant 440ml (2 thirds in the DG, balance for priming)
3ltr Aldi AJ
1ltr Sainsbury RGJ
Yeast and nutriant

I'll top up with more AJ once fermentation calms down a bit.

I thought I'd try the RGJ on a bit of a whim. Probably not worth it as the blackcurrant will overpower it. Time will tell.

Sounds good then - he’s not failed us yet !! I’m going to pick some blackcurrants tomorrow , was thinking of setting off a TC if enough left over from wine .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blackcurrant one comes out nicely in a TC, subtle though (good thing) ☺

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bottled this up a fortnight ago for secondary fermentation in the bottles. I had left it a bit too long before doing this so few yeasties left, consequently it has taken longer to ferment in the bottles.

I'm a bit disappointed with flavour. I am still getting a taste of the apple, and while I can tell there is an overlying berry flavour, I cant tell what it is. In short, the flavour is a bit too subtle for my own tastes, but nonetheless its very drinkable.

I think next batch I will add a bit more flavouring.

Bottled this up a fortnight ago for secondary fermentation in the bottles. I had left it a bit too long before doing this so few yeasties left, consequently it has taken longer to ferment in the bottles.

I'm a bit disappointed with flavour. I am still getting a taste of the apple, and while I can tell there is an overlying berry flavour, I cant tell what it is. In short, the flavour is a bit too subtle for my own tastes, but nonetheless its very drinkable.

I think next batch I will add a bit more flavouring.

I have 5lt of this on the go now along with a Raspberry & Blackberry, at the moment its still bubbling away, my problem is that I am going away for 2 weeks and I am worried it won't be finished before I go. Am I going to be able to leave it in the fermenter till i get back or will it be harmed by leaving it so long on the spent yeast true

No, I think it should be fine. I left mine for about a week after the initial. I bottled up with the primer and left to see if the bottles got harder (I used old PET lemonade bottles). It took about 10 days for the bottles to get really hard, but there was a good amount of carbonation.

I would bottle up with primer as soon as you come back and leave for a week to see if the bottles get harder. If not at that point you may have to ad a few yeasties to kick start it.

Impressed enough with my first batch of TC I'm jumping in with a second before the first is ready.

Lowicz black currant 440ml (2 thirds in the DG, balance for priming)
3ltr Aldi AJ
1ltr Sainsbury RGJ
Yeast and nutriant

I'll top up with more AJ once fermentation calms down a bit.

I thought I'd try the RGJ on a bit of a whim. Probably not worth it as the blackcurrant will overpower it. Time will tell.

I'm new to the forum, and not a big one for abbreviations!! Pls can someone translate??:lol:

FYI

TC turbo cider
AJ Apple juice
RGJ red grape juice

TTFN [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back