The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they that bad? I bulk primed the first batch and it wasn't too much of a faff but liked the sound of these as they're for 500ml bottles, I won't need the bottling bucket and it appeals to my bone-idle nature ;-)
You can achieve exactly the same result or better with a teaspoon, a funnel, and a bag of table sugar, and its cheaper :thumb:
Plus you can vary the quantity of priming sugar going into the bottle to suit the beer style. :thumb::thumb:

That's fine with me. They've got great feedback and seem to go bout their business very well. I love Geterbrewed but I also like giving my business to the little guy if the service is good.

That's fine with me. They've got great feedback and seem to go bout their business very well. I love Geterbrewed but I also like giving my business to the little guy if the service is good.

I too use GEB for grains but I think I'll be buying from CML for hops from now on as they have a massive variety, are cheap and have no P&P so I can buy just one pack of 100g if I want without getting stung for shipping costs

Just bottled a Pseudo lager done with CML kolsch yeast,getting a slightly different one on next week.Will be interesting to see/taste the results:)

Exactly. It's a little embarrassing that more websites aren't very flexible when it comes to delivery. I understand that grain is heavy like, but 8 shouldn't feel like I need to stock up on hops with every order so I don't get stung on delivery.

I think I'll be ordering more from these guys. They are asking people on Facebook which rarer hop varieties they want them to start stocking.

Don't think so because Steve is on another forum and mentioned buying in US-05 in bulk and selling packets if people were interested.

Hey Leon103. Crossmyloof's US Pale is actually packed in Germany by a dedicated yeast manufacturer. It's an decent dried yeast in testing, but not US05. I'd put it on a par with MJ's? A decent price though :)

Hey Leon103. Crossmyloof's US Pale is actually packed in Germany by a dedicated yeast manufacturer. It's an decent dried yeast in testing, but not US05. I'd put it on a par with MJ's? A decent price though :)

I actually prefer Mangrove Jack's M44 to US-05. Feel it opens up the hop flavours more. One of my favourite yeasts. So if it's comparable to that I'll be delighted.

I actually prefer Mangrove Jack's M44 to US-05. Feel it opens up the hop flavours more. One of my favourite yeasts. So if it's comparable to that I'll be delighted.

Whats the flocctuation on M44 like. I like notty for a clean yeast at the moment as it's got such a good flocculation and drops like a brick

I too use GEB for grains but I think I'll be buying from CML for hops from now on as they have a massive variety, are cheap and have no P&P so I can buy just one pack of 100g if I want without getting stung for shipping costs
Their prices are great but not for bulk as I priced this morning as I was looking 1kg and that were twice the price of Geterbrewed and another £3 so ordered from Geterbrewed as well as 23kg of grain..

Sent from my ALE-L21

Their prices are great but not for bulk as I priced this morning as I was looking 1kg and that were twice the price of Geterbrewed and another �£3 so ordered from Geterbrewed as well as 23kg of grain..

Sent from my ALE-L21

Your right, but their great if you just want one pack of one type of hops or lots of types of small amounts. I probably wouldnt but 1kg of hops

Whats the flocctuation on M44 like. I like notty for a clean yeast at the moment as it's got such a good flocculation and drops like a brick

I've used the M42 on a few brews lately. I've never seen so much crud on the bottom of the FV.

Instant clear beer!

It flocculates really really well. The only thing I'll say is that it's not the quickest yeast. It's not slow by any means but you're going to want to give it the full 2 weeks and possibly a little more to clean up after itself. US-05 you can get away with sooner (not sure about Notty).

I remember when I first used it, a week into fermentation and it was not smelling good, I'd almost written it off but I gave it the second week and it was a revelation. Very very clean and neutral and the unpleasant aromas had all gone. For me, it seems to leave intact hop aromas where I've found d US-05 can strip a little out.

That's been my experience with it each time I've used it. I love it.

It flocculates really really well. The only thing I'll say is that it's not the quickest yeast. It's not slow by any means but you're going to want to give it the full 2 weeks and possibly a little more to clean up after itself. US-05 you can get away with sooner (not sure about Notty).

I remember when I first used it, a week into fermentation and it was not smelling good, I'd almost written it off but I gave it the second week and it was a revelation. Very very clean and neutral and the unpleasant aromas had all gone. For me, it seems to leave intact hop aromas where I've found d US-05 can strip a little out.

That's been my experience with it each time I've used it. I love it.

I like the sound of the very clean and neutral and leaving all the hop aromas and its flocculant but for my brewery one of the main characteristcs a yeast has to have is that it's fast fermenting yeast, which notty certainly is. But M44 sounds good to keep in mind. I may well give it a go. Thanks for the info :hat:

Back