Elvis juice kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TenaciousG

Reaction score
Hi all

Got a youngs American IPA kit and was just thinking if I added some grapefruit peel would it taste similar to Brewdog elvis juice?
I only do kits or could try a simple extract kit but as a commercial craft beer I bloody love elvis juice
So anyone done this and can point me in the right direction?

James

I can only compare. ....I like Elvis juice...it really is good....it's a commercial product but when/if I see it on draught I'll try it having only tried bottled.
My kit ,which I'm drinking now,isn't the same, well it wouldn't be,but....it is a rather nice grapefruit style, punchy,ipa....
It took ages to brew but is well worth it!

Cheers

Clint

I made an Amarillo single hops ale that whacked of grapefruit, try that ?

Hi all

Got a youngs American IPA kit and was just thinking if I added some grapefruit peel would it taste similar to Brewdog elvis juice?
I only do kits or could try a simple extract kit but as a commercial craft beer I bloody love elvis juice
So anyone done this and can point me in the right direction?

James

You should download diydog and have a look. You could do an extract version for the Elvis Juice relatively easily in my opinion.

Can anyone give me an idea what to do? Quite new to this HB stuff so not 100%
Would the IPA kit be a good start, dry hop Amarillo and put some grapefruit peel in a Muslin bag for the duration of fermenting? Or boil it and add the water?

Have you done that kit before?

If not I would do it as normal as it is regularly mentioned as one of the best kits on the market.

At the end of the day it is your beer so if you want to experiment - go for it.

Diy dog suggests for an ag batch adding some peel (not any white pith) to the boil and
/or the fv.

Your idea of adding with the boiling water is probably a good way to start. I'd maybe peel and soak the grapefruit in boiling water and then sanitise all my brewing kit, to make sure the peel was rid of any nasties.

When sampling to see if it is time for dry hopping you can decide if it needs more of a grapefruit hit and can add more with theach hops.

There's a couple of threads below where others have tried to recreate it.

No I haven't done it before so I may try it as is then and then try the elvis juice clone for summer!! Just dangerous when it's warm at 6.5% lol
Thank you for the help though and I will definitely try it

maybe this is the moment to switch to all grain brewing, I'll have a go at Elvis Juice love it

Latest posts

Back