Has anyone tried the Wilko's IPA kit ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munkian

Reaction score
I may give it a go depending on people's experience of it.

I've not made many kits but I liked it - though I did with 500g dark malt, 500g brown soft sugar and 35g of citra hops - half in a tea at the start and half dry hopped after a week. Was nothing like an English ipa or an American one. But I really enjoyed it

I tend to go for the Thomas Coopers IPA but I think it's changed to Coopers brew a IPA
Coopers revised their range about 2 years ago, and replaced the old Coopers IPA with the current Brew A IPA. The two are not the same. The old IPA kit was more like an English IPA, the new one attempts to be like an American IPA but falls far short.

+1 on this, have done this kit twice once with a cascade dry hop and once with a citra, preferred the cascade but both were very nice. use spray malt or brew enhancer. and you can now get them at wilko. Used to be able to get the kits very cheap in the Tesco sale, but not sure they are still doing homebrew kit outside of a secondary seller.

Try the John Bull IPA, very nice kit imo.

Thanks Terry I was never sure when it all got changed around and have switched to better brew IPA this time round

Latest posts

Back