Klarstein Beer Dispensers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like Klarstein are having a sale on their beer dispensers:

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Home-appliances/Drinks-dispenser/Beer-tap-dispenser/

Are they worth the money? I've not really been drinking my kegs in the last few months as I can't get them cool.

Also, what bungs do you need to use on the kegs? Are the CO2 cartridges readily available?

I know there was a thread on here about them a while ago but I couldn't find it. :oops:

One more question...do you still need to prime the mini keg if you use one of these? I'd imagine you don't need to in order to dispense but do you need to in order to give it a protective blanket in the keg before you use it?

One more question...do you still need to prime the mini keg if you use one of these? I'd imagine you don't need to in order to dispense but do you need to in order to give it a protective blanket in the keg before you use it?

Yes if you want carbonated beer. This is just a super posh party star tap

I've got one of the Klarstein Skal dispensers and I love it! I also had trouble with serving temperatures for my minikegs before and I've seen a massive difference in the quality of my served beers since I got it. I did intend to do a blog post about it but work got incredibly hectic around May and I now have 21 albums, 2 brew days and this to write about.

To answer your questions, it just takes normal, unthreaded CO2 cartridges the same as the Party Star Deluxe and the "normal" grey bungs you would use with the PSD. Yes you need to prime the keg, the CO2 just keeps the beer fresh it doesn't carbonate the keg - you could try but I don't think it would be very cost-effective!

It's the co2 keeping it fresh bit that interests me. I can't always drink a 5 litre keg over a weekend and if I leave it it ends up going off a bit. Still drinkable, although with lemonade to give it its fizz back.

So if you brew beer and keg it into mini kegs you can then put the mini kegs into one of those beer dispenser? And it chills it? Have I got that right?

Hmmm I think I need one of those, but how do I tell the misses that the corny kegs are now out dated, and that drilling holes into the house to bring in beer lines from the outside fridge was still a good idea at the time but will now only be used on a limited basis

Back