New Wilkos Keg, c02 calve and capsules. With Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickW

Landlord.
Reaction score
jesus for that price i'm sure you can get a cornie. a year ago i got mine off ebay, 6 kegs, regs, lines and 4 enodis taps came to about £150.

crE the right amount of c02 will give your beer some 'life' too much will make it fizzy, you won't be able to over carbonate in those kegs as i'm pretty sure they have a pressure relief valve (PRV) - should be just the job for your beer.

If you rack it to the keg with some priming sugars in the form of say spray malt the beer will carbonate itself providing you have a good pressure seal so that none of the c02 escapes. As you go down the keg the pressure will drop meaning that you will have to add more c02 otherwise the beer will taste too flat.

:thumb:

Best of luck with your keg crE.

i always had problems with mine (keg and beer sphere) not holding pressure, jamming lids etc, but crucially it didn't put me off brewing! i hope your experience is better than mine was. I also can't afford the cornie route. Bottled my beers for some time, and that worked well, but eventually got fed up with all the fiddling about with so many bottles.

I really do hope it works ok!

If not Wilkos have a pretty sturdy moneyback guarantee so it's not so bad.

Also thanks Wez!! You answered my question perfectly :thumb:

Thing is there weren't very good instructions with the barrel or the co2 valve. But thats makes total sense.

Thanks guys! :D

i once bought some clipart frames from wilko's. i put them down a bit hard as i left the shop and one broke. Wilko's replaced it for free even tho it was my own stoopid fault ;-)

Sorry for going off topic :oops:

but..

I was in Sainsbo's last week and a guy tripped over his own feet carrying 6 bottles of wine in one of those cardboard carriers, every bottle broke....the store manager replaced them all for him, very decent I thought :thumb:

... sounds like a plan.

Down 3 of the 6 bottles of wine... then "trip" over accidently on purpose.

Then, the 3 bottles spilled everywhere should cover for the apparent 6 that should have smashed - whos going to tell?

Everyones a winner, the manager goes home thinking he/she did a good deed. You're half way ****** and still have your 6 bottles of wine.

I'm off to Sainsburys! :P

Latest posts

Back