way to amarillo IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all i'm following this recipe http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/Recipes-american-ipa
using the ingridient pack from forum sponsers shop but it doesnt mention in the recipe whether to prime with sugar or not any suggestions?? oh and also it says cover the bucket with a towl and place lid on loosely is there a reason for this or can i just put lid and airlock on as normal??
thanks in advance :cheers:

Once you get to the end of primary fermentation you will then treat the beer like any other kit/extract/ag brew. So yes, you will need to prime if you are bottling or kegging.

jonboymentalhealth said:
or can i just put lid and airlock on as normal??

Yes, just do what you normally do. :thumb:

Thanks yeh i normally brew wine so this is my first extract beer. My plan was to ferment then siphon of sediment into secondary then prime and bottle does that sound okay?? :drink:

jonboymentalhealth said:
Thanks yeh i normally brew wine so this is my first extract beer. My plan was to ferment then siphon of sediment into secondary then prime and bottle does that sound okay?? :drink:

Absolutely, we have a How To for that. :whistle:

Back