100L Stainless Brewery Quote - Any good?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStew

Regular.
Reaction score
I've just had a quote from brupaks for this lot:

Dear BrewStew,

Quotation as requested. All prices INCLUDING VAT.

2 x 3kW elements fitted but not wired up.

100 litre SS tank with elements and hop strainer - £285.00

100 litre SS tank with wort separating manifold - £240.00

100 litre SS tank with elements - £270.00

SS-TANK.jpg

all with stainless ball valves

what do you reckon? cos i think i might be opening my wallet in a month or two :grin:

I think Phil uses all Brupaks gear, he'd be the best one to advise you ;)

IMO the prices aren't that bad for a none dIYer ;) ...just need it all wiring in and off you go :cool:

So is that price for each SS vessel with 2x 3kw elements? So a total of 4 elements?

:hmm:

Mate I'd be seriously tempted :D

I need to start working on my Mrs right now!

*grabs wallet and shoots out to buy flowers and chocolates*

Wez said:
Mate I'd be seriously tempted :D

believe me i nearly opened my wallet when i got the email!!! :D

just got to get past this month and i'll know how much cash i've got to spend.

They're really well made vessels but the valves are *****.

You are going to want to change the valves as they're cheap and nasty pressed steel jobs with crappy plastic bits attached :evil:

I got my valves from BES

I know these vessels are a lot of mney but they're damn good value in my opinion.

/Phil.

I bought 3 vessels off a certain discount shiny shop on e bay and before i even fit the taps i'm wondering if i made the right decision but i'll brew in them anyway and see what happens. IMO you're better off going for quality and knowing you have something you won't have to replace after 20 odd brews. I also got the valves off BES and they do look to be the business ;)

I think the quality from Nordic's taken a bit hit recently. My 2 x 70ltr pans were great, this set of 2 x 100ltr pans have been quite **** in comparison. Obvious flaws in the steel and one even had a hole in it :evil:

Personally, I'd recommend anyone to go for the best quality they can afford at the time.

Vossy1 said:
Personally, I'd recommend anyone to go for the best quality they can afford at the time.

I believe this to be good advice generally ;)

/Phil.

Latest posts

Back