1040 Bitter Lover

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevada150

Reaction score
Hi,
1040 brings back lots of memories to me. I worked in Kuwait for 6 years and it was an unwritten rule not to brew your beer over 1040 SG. (All highly illegal of course) A common practice was to make a really strong ale and keep it in the fridge door for when the guests overstayed their welcome. Out would come the "goodbye ale" and they then had no choice but to find their way home quickly!!!
I was also in an amateur rock group there which we named "Club 1040", for obvious reasons. The locals could never figure out the significance of the name, although quite a few of them enjoyed the fruits of our labour!! :cheers:

nevada150 said:
Hi,
1040 brings back lots of memories to me. I worked in Kuwait for 6 years and it was an unwritten rule not to brew your beer over 1040 SG. (All highly illegal of course) A common practice was to make a really strong ale and keep it in the fridge door for when the guests overstayed their welcome. Out would come the "goodbye ale" and they then had no choice but to find their way home quickly!!!
I was also in an amateur rock group there which we named "Club 1040", for obvious reasons. The locals could never figure out the significance of the name, although quite a few of them enjoyed the fruits of our labour!! :cheers:

One of my closest friends lives and brews in Kuwait, I was "lucky" enough to sample her wares when visiting :thumb:

Her method was to use an empty water cooler bottle with a condom on top to function as an airlock, I have pictures :grin:

Latest posts

Back