Diamond White cider - any ideas for a similar TC recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeyptfc

Landlord.
Reaction score
a (Jakey) family member likes the odd diamond white, i mentioned the turbo cider to them and they wanted to know if i could semi-replicate it, ive never tried it but apparently its not sweet as in a bulmers or magners but strong and dry, i was thinking a champagne yeast but not sure how much apple juice or other juices to use for a trial 4litre batch? i had a teaste of my other 3 litre TC that i made with apple juice itself, cider yeast and a cupful of sugar and it was v sweet, had to diute it with a bulmers, im wondering if anyone knows how to cut through the sweetness? maybe just a matter of leaving it longer?
cheers

Unless you go mental adding extra sugar the champagne or even gp yeast will eat all the sugar and leave it very very dry.

If memory serves me the secret ingredient in Diamond White is turps or possibly paint thinner. :lol:

i used to love diamond white when i was about 12 :D

i wouldn't mind trying a diamond white recipe myself, if only to remind me why i stopped drinking it :lol: it was better than the 'white ciders' that are sold these days tho.

abeyptfc said:
my other 3 litre TC that i made with apple juice itself, cider yeast and a cupful of sugar and it was v sweet
You've got me beat, every TC I've ever made (AJ + yeast) has been very dry after ferment and needed to be sweetened with "Splenda".
My OGs are normally 1042 and my FGs are 1002, giving approx 5.5% ABV.
Adding sugar only increases the ABV.

Latest posts

Back