ghost ship jobby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just bottled up a 6 litre partial mash of a Ghost ship(TYPE) jobby.
Certainly smelled great whilst bottling:smile:.
350 gm pale malt
100 gm Lager Malt
25 gm Crystal malt
25 gm Caramalt
50 gm Malted Rye
25 gm Wheat Malt
454 gm Liquid malt
5 gm Chinook Pellets 60
5 gm Chinook "" 10
5gmAmarillo "" F/O
5 gm Citra "" F/O
10 gm Citra dry hop 5 days
1/2 pack gervin rehydrated
1/4 protofloc tab at 15 min
OG 1.042
FG 1.009
ABV4.32%

Would love to have a crack at that for some friends and myself. Let us know how it turns out. From what i remember reading it uses pale malt and crystal rye and citra, not sure what else but a little crystal rye in a beer is definitely nice.

Would love to have a crack at that for some friends and myself. Let us know how it turns out. From what i remember reading it uses pale malt and crystal rye and citra, not sure what else but a little crystal rye in a beer is definitely nice.
My recipie is at top of page:thumb:

This has turned out so well that i am going to do a 12 litre brew on monday,10 litres for a smaller p.b and the rest into a few bottles:)
Will use CML US pale this time instead of Gervin as i have plenty to get through!

Racked this morning,should just about be ready to go into p.b at weekend,boy does it smell lush:grin::grin::grin:

Just decanted 9 litres into a small p.b and remainder to 330ml bottles.
Came out a tad lower abv this time at tad over 4%, but as long as it tastes as good as the smaller brew who cares:mrgreen:,it certainly has as good an aroma to it as the first one did and colour would seem pretty much identical.:)
Putting the slightly lower F.G down to change of yeast,ie-Gervin to CML US Pale

Couldn't resist a small glass from the p.b:lol:
What a cracking beer.Already well carbed up and clear as a bell.:thumb:
Shame i am on so many tablets at present:-( as this wouldn't last too long!

Latest posts

Back