anyone used The Malt Miller?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evanvine said:
Had an email from "UKMail" today, telling me they will be delivering tomorrow! :D

.. and they usually do, I've had deliveries via them from TMM and they're good, our area driver even carried the last rather heavy delivery down 'The Den' for me :thumb: I must've looked particularly ancient that morning :lol:

hairybiker said:
My only issue with my last delivery from him was his use of Parcel Force. They claimed it was delivered - YES to the SORTING OFFICE. I had to go an collect it from there. :evil:

They would not redeliver from there claiming it had been signed for etc - i.e. my problem. :hmm:

His previous delivery company would re-deliver the next day. :party:

Yes, the Parcelforce trial was short lived, shame as the local driver was really good. Back using UK Mail, they are all pretty good really considering the amount of parcels they deliver each day. The company I would really like to use give the customer a 1 hour delivery window first thing in the morning that can be change by email or text, thing is it would almost double the delivery charge.

Rob

Yes, thanks Rob :thumb:

Great service and good products, at a price that makes sense.

Looking forward to ordering the next haul!

Just placed an order with them a day or so ago - prices look fantastic (relatively speaking) and the Paypal payment's cleared. I excitedly raced to the door an hour ago, but I was disappointed. 2 bloody great bouquets of flowers for the missus from my kids for Mother's Day.

Still, waste not want not. Has anyone tried Dry Chrysanthemuming?

My latest order arrived safe and sound Friday morning :thumb:

the good old delivery driver staggering under a 25kg sack of M/Otter + a few other bits 'n bobs, kindly carried it into 'The Den Brewery' for me :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'm slightly incapacitated @ the moment :oops: might be another couple of weeks to brewing :(

Hi all,placed an order tues 12th pm,grains crushed weds 13th arrived fri 15th am, delivery to france for 29kg £14.40.1st class service will certainly be using them again.thanks Rob.

Service from Rob is always excellent and very prompt. The malt is of the very highest quality - we are brewing with the very best materials guys!

One request: a few more recipe packs - 40 pt and 80 pint please!

My stuff arrived spot on - the grain was crushed the previous day, the hops were wonderfully fresh - absolutely top hole. Top brewshopping A+++, will brewshop again.

:clap: :clap: :thumb:

Placed 1st order and received very quickly and superbly vac packed.

Would definitely use again. Prices very good. :thumb:

I sent Rob a PM at lunchtime to say that I will need to order grain soon and to ask if he stocked or could get hold of 29mm crown caps for Champagne bottles.

I know that Greg from BrewUK sells them but TBH there's nothing else I would want to order from him at the moment, sorry Greg.

I got a reply from Rob within 5 minutes to say that I wasn't the first person to ask about large crown caps and that he would look into it.

I got an update within the hour to say that he will have some by Friday and will list them on his website ASAP.

Obviously, they will be more expensive than the standard 26mm crown caps because he will probably sell a few thousand 26mm for every hundred 29mm.

The man's a star :thumb: :clap:

Always found him very accommodating :thumb:

(not as accommodating as "H" from Church End Brewery thought he was though!) ;)

I've been buying from Rob for a while now too and I've nothing but good to say for the quality, service and prices - its not often (in any field) that you can tick all those boxes at once!

Cheers
kev

Agree with what's been said before. I've been ordering from the Malt Miller for about 6 months and have only ever had excellent service and quality of products. I also got my Boiler and HLT from there and they are very shiny indeed.

update Re the 29mm crown caps. It would seem they were actually out of stock at the suppliers, so I have had to bypass them and import myself, this will take a little longer but I WILL get them!

Rob

Rob is a very nice man but doesn't offer discounts to tight Yorkshiremen as good as they might try. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kev :cry: :cry:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Rob is a very nice man but doesn't offer discounts to tight Yorkshireman as good as they might try. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kev :cry: :cry:

And you certainly tried :lol:

Back