Raspberryade

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! I found this syrup in me tescos in the asian food isle

roohafza.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooh_Afza

The list of ingredients is gobsmacking, not even in my wildest dreams would I add all those flavours
together ohh and I loved the way it is "manufactured in a laboritory" I'd Love to know how this tastes!

and I'm 100% sure that the first time I read that aritcal it said it could be mixed with rum but humm
that bit seems to have gone!

Put on a batch last night this morning its chuffing away like a volcano!!! Any idea how much sweetner to use in 500ml bottles also how much sugar for priming??

IO usuaklly prime with a flat tea spoon of sugar per bottler, and when it comes to adding sweetener everyones personal tastes change so just try it after adding a little bit, if you want it sweetwer add a bit more and keep going till you have what you like.

Found this stuff in Tesco this morning... Will be my first non kit brew!

Will have to get the Vimto or Ribena cider on the go if this works out ok (thanks to Marrsy for the recipes).

Yea me and the missus bottled this last night. Had a quick taste and it was a bit dry... and then did the maths to discover that its finished at 7.3%!

this is something i was watning to try with dandilion an burdock cordial ,i was hoping to to try do it with a black grape juice instead of white grape but struggling to find it in asda booths .
would there be much difference in taste do you think if i used a red grape instead of white or black grape instead of white ?
will be knocking a batch up today one way or another as long as my d n b cordial in stock

ive just made this raspberryade and strawberryade and i bottled into second demijohn just to settle last night and its now gone frothy on top .
is this normal ?
it had been fermenting just over a week and all i added to it was
wine stopper
a campden tablet crushed
will this go away or have i messed it up somehow ?

Gonna have a go at this, my local stores doesn't stock so I've ordered from Amazon.

Just thought I'd let you all know

They stock ORANGE flavour :clap:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowicz-Orange-S ... 85&sr=8-22

sorry about the link I don't know how to edit it

So I've got 6 bottles of Raspberry and Orange on the way. Hope it's as nice as you all say.

Happy times :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I have had 5 litres (of the first page recipe) fermenting out for about 3 weeks!!!!! And there is still 1 bubble every 20-25 seconds !?!

What the frig is going on lol?? It's nearly clear as well!

Any advice appreciated chaps

Ben

Do a hydrometer reading to see if it's fermented out. If it has rack it off and bottle it, if not leave it for longer.

It's getting cold now, so if the temps a little low it will take longer to ferment.

BGMbrewing said:
Hey guys,

I have had 5 litres (of the first page recipe) fermenting out for about 3 weeks!!!!! And there is still 1 bubble every 20-25 seconds !?!

What the frig is going on lol?? It's nearly clear as well!

Any advice appreciated chaps

Ben

it's a slow fermenter because it's simple sugars, unlike malt which is full of all sorts. 1 bubble every 30 seconds or so is either a very slow ferment or it's just releasing excess co2 now so like andyh says, do a hydro reading and see where it is - you can plonk some yeast nutrient in there to speed it up.

Glad this post got bumped up! I might have to get a batch of this on the go too,
Should be ready for Xmas right??

My local Tesco has it at around £1:25 all the time - but only the raspberry, I`ve yet to see the other flavours :( I always have two DJ`s of raspberry wine on the go (recipe near beginning of thread) and it is a firm favourite with the wife, family and friends :cheers:
Serve the wine with a splash of lemonade it makes a great champagne :P
Also done vodka cocktails with the cordial which is ace :twisted:

Got a bit impatient and have just made a batch of this using Youngs Champagne yeast, about 1.5 grams. Does this seem right or should I have added more/less?

I have made wine from this syrup as well - recipe at start of thread. It turned out lovely and I regulary have 2gallons fermenting away - the wife loves a glass with a splash of lemonade (pink champagne at a fraction of the price ;) )

Back