Alco~Coke

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if your brew is stuck then you could try standing it in the sink with hot water round it for a few hours then move to somewhere warm.

They sell this stuff in ASDA, I found it by the bit with all the party cups/plates/napkins along with various other flavors.

Got to try this one, the comments look pretty encouraging.

Will have a look around the supermarkets tomorrow to see what other flavours are available.

make sure its the DIET version of the drink or your brew will have far too much sugar content and will continue to ferment unchecked after bottling and may even explode.

Mine has nearly finished fermenting and has been racked off the sediment. Dont have any finings so will have to wait for it to clear naturally ( a cool place should help this)

MM

metalmickey said:
make sure its the DIET version of the drink or your brew will have far too much sugar content and will continue to ferment...

Wouldn't the extra sugar just add to the sweetness, or alcohol level?

I use diet because the syrup is added last, so the drink retains most of the coke flavour.
If it wasnt DIET then the extra sugar would only sever to prime the bottles more! making them UBER fizzy!

I messed around with differnt ways of doing it, adding the consentrate first to the brew etc. but found the recipe I post4ed to be
the nicest...

And remember that the diet has artifical sweetners that are in the full fat version(saving you from having to use splenda or lactose),
this means the diet kinds will retain their orginal sweetness and taste while the orginal varity kinds sugars will just ferment out.

I hope that helps you Tapo90

Ahh, I see now.

I didn't think about the flavor or the fizz if i'm honest.

That does help me. Thanks. :cheers:

If you have too much sugar when priming not only will you get super fizzy cola, you'll probly find that when you open the bottle the brew will almost certainly jump out. Either that or it will take ages to open as you let tiny bits of gas out without the cola bubbling out.

Once the sugar water has finished fermenting (it's been a month now, it's really going slow) I'm planning on using it in the sodastream in the place of regular water. no need for secondary fermenting in a bottle, plus I can use any sodastream flavours I like :thumb:

This has caught my eye, I've seen the thread before and thought...COKE...NAR!!!!!!

Any regular posters brewed this? might give it a bash!
Would I get away with Young's GP yeast if I thinned it down before fermentation instead of thinning later?
BB :thumb:

Ok the brew has fermented out and cleared naturally. Started on sunday the 7th and 20 days later its clear. I cant remeber now but i think i racked it once.

so stage 2 is rack again, dilute with another gallon of water with the cola added mix them up and bottle.

you suggest 6g of sugar per litre is that about a heaped teaspoon?

thanks

Neil

Yeah 20 days, boo I said about 14 didnt I, but I forgot that it was the middle of summer,
I prime like I would with cider, anything over 8g per 1L and you will find it too fizzy!
So I was ending up around the 6g mark I dont know what that is in heaped teaspoons because I always batch prime

(Syphon brew to a new clean container, calculate the total amount of sugar needed to prime the brew and desolve it in about a 1/2 pint of water,
once desolved add another 1/2 pint of cold watrer then mix that into the brew and stir before bottling)

I hope you like it, I've just had a bottle now as I got in and I love the stuff :drink:

I'm going to brew some for my kids but I worry about all the e numbers and additives in Coca Cola. ;) ;) ;)
I normally tell them cola is bad for you and rots your teeth.. :grin:
BB :D

P.S
Will this Alco~Coke make them sleep better than Calpol does ? :hmm:
Calpol%20Six%20Plus%20Sugar%20Free%20Suspension%20Sachets.jpg

you can always make your own lemonade or gingerbeer. That way you know exactly what **** youve put in it, as opposed to someone elses ****.

Just had a few hours to kill and heres what ive been upto.

alcoke1.jpg

2 halves of the brew mixed up with a gallon of the coke concentrate.
5g of sugar per litre (45g blended in the coke)

and the finished product...well just needs some time to carbonate.

alcoke2.jpg

Hey thats looking good! I really hope u like it!

Just a quick note, i got a 12 sample soda stream pack from homebargins for £1.20
these packs are sold nomrlay for £9 (total rip off) but the cut down price I bought the shelf full
and plan on making a fizzy clear 5% brew and then addin each flavour as i come to drink them!

no but my aim to to plonk them in either as primer or when i come to drink the brew ...
i know it sounds like messing but it working out nicesly so far.

finally getting round to this

been sat in the cupboard being ignored,
been on holiday and now time to sort it out

first batch sits at around 8.6%
second batch sites around 2%

mix them in equal parts i get around 5.8%

so think i will rack off both to a larger vessel then add water etc
might leave as blank canvas as i have cola and cranberry

and just add to taste as its used

Latest posts

Back