Converting a WMV video to flv

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
OK, SO I am in the process of editing down the footage shot during my Brewday, and need to convert it from wmv to flv . . . . . most of the 'free' encoders I can find are limited or put a evaluation copy message over the video . . . I don't want to use you tube, but want to host the video on my own web space . . .I've got the widget to do that, but need to convert the video to flv.

Cheers

Not sure if any of the ones here are free or not, I did not see any thing about paying, nor have I used them but it may be what your looking for Aleman. Any how hope it helps as I'm looking forward to it. Planning another few myself aswell.

Clicky thingy

Bru

for linux there's a program called ffmpeg that's the business for re-encoding video

it's also been ported to Windoze and is called WinFF :cool:

the windows version is an all in one bundle (ie it has ffmpeg and the GUI combined)

when you want to select your output, for FLV you select "Website" as the output file, then select which aspect ratio you want :cool:

Cheers Bru, its another restricted shareware 30 days use, only 5 minutes per file and includes a watermark . . . . I don't mind a restricted version . . . most shareware is restricted on time use 14/28/30 days which is more than enough time to evaluate it and decide if you want to buy it . . . . . then they should introduce the other restrictions . . . . .

If I have to pay for a converter . . . which I don't mind . . . I'll probably get the XilSoft one

I'll have a look at Stu's recommendation . . .in Windoze

You want SUPER bottom of the page for the download link.... It is free and converts pretty much anything to anything .. I have been using it for a number of years as I still have not found anything that comes close to what it does..

So IMHO it is SUPER

SUPER looks just like what I want . . .Except that I can't download it I keep looping back tot he same page despite doing what they recommend to prevent it . . . .Why make it so difficult? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I managed to get it but i'm using a Mac so can not test it but I have uploaded it Here but please scan the file for viruses just to be on the safe side :thumb:

edit: be quick I don't know how long the link will last :D

Yep its not the easiest of things to get so follow this to get it.

open page then click the Start Downloading SUPER © bottom of the page
Next page that opens click the download and use about 1/4 of the way down the page
Next page at the bottom click the Download SUPER © setup file that should be you now downloading super;

Back