Strawberry Ribena Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the equasion I have is accurate then you will need add 1.5 Litres to your 4.5 Litres brew to get it down to 12% from 14.7%.

That does not all have to be Ribena, that can be any non alcoholic drink but if it contains sugar be sure to stabalise the brew so your yeast doesnt just ferment the new sugar.

Cheers

Marrsy

Hiya ops looks like i missed a few days .. :D :D but looks like marrsy got it all covered ... i used 150ml of strawberry but i was using a 5ltr pet ... try adding 50 ml at a time and taste .. or 10ml at a time if u want a excuse to taste lots :thumb: as soon as i got the taste the way i wanted it i added thinning then waited a week or 2 ...drank the lot and put 50ltrs more on and got another 10 bottles in the cupboard ... cant w8 till i can get a cornie and sum gas :cheers:

ahhh so you sweetened it THEN added finings... ok its happily bubbling away now :D

I am using a 5 litre PET so shall i just bung the 150ml in? and i presume I stir then wait few minutes before tasting

thanks

yup i gave it a gud shake a few times and a few taps from wot i read on here it degasses the wine, im still new and learning

this sounds class, :thumb: I will be starting this next weekend once im back home may make black current and raspberry
how long did this take to clear and did it turn out clear or cloudy after sweetening :cheers:

blinkey said:
1ltr bottle of strawberry ribena
1 teaspoon of citric acid or juice from one lemon.
1 sachet of winemaking yeast.
1 teaspoon of yeast nutrient.
680g of sugar.

Method

Empty bottle of Ribena into glass one gallon demijon (sterilised).
Top up to the shoulder of the demijon with cold water.
Pour Contents into large add sugar and boil
Wait for it to cool add citric acid and stir
Pour into demijohn
add yeast and yeast nutrient.
Shake, Fit airlock and leave.
When fermentationis ova 2/3 weeks stop ,1camden tab add finnings and backsweeten with strawberry ribena ( I used 150ml)

this 1 is very nice too and really tastes of ribena :D

RE backsweeten: Do you boil the 150ml of ribena before adding to the brew?

Not necessary - the ferment is over, you don't care about the preservatives messing with the yeast

Top tip (learnt from own mistake), never add the sugar to a near boiling ribena mixture, you will understand the meaning of the word nucleation, it isnt good and involves a lot of clearing up!!!

Back