Marrsy's Brewery Recipes [Updated 18/11/13]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Marrsy, many thanks for the very well laid out and idiot proof instructions!! I was bored at the weekend, and during a shop in tesco, discovered that 750ml bottles of Vimto are down to £1 each and 1L bottles of Ribena are half price! Thanks to your instructions, I now have 1G Ribena Wine and 1G Strawberry Ribena Wine on the go, as well as a Butlers Portavino Kit and a 1G concoction of Mango, Apple and Raspberry Wine!!! Also got vimto and cherry vimto sitting waiting for me to decide what to do with them :) :) Should be a good xmas!!!! :D :D

wendy1971 said:
In your recipes you have a ginger beer. Which yeast did you use?

I have used super wine yeast compound and cider yeast and both were fine. I have tried a friends and he used bakers yeast and it wasn't as good.

Getting ready to bottle my cider made from your recipe and brewed in a water cooler bottle adapted from your how to guide. So just wanted to drop you a message to say thank you really.

:thumb: :clap: :cheers: :D

wow thanks for taking the time to put these recipes up they are great for a newbie like me and I will definitely be trying quite a few of them in the very near future. Wish I had started a few months ago and I would have loads ready for xmas, but hey ho always next xmas!

I do have a few questions though (probably very noob questions but can't seem to find the answers)

Back sweetening, its mentioned in quite a few of your recipes but what exactly does it mean and how do you do it properly, is it with more juice, sugar (tate & lyle??) or some other method. Also if I add sugar to sweeten it again, i.e to take it from a dry to a sweet will the campden tablet stop it from fermenting?? Will you loose the fizz by adding the campden tablet if you wanted to say sweeten a ginger beer??

If you want a sweet wine can you stop the fermentation early or is it best to let it fully ferment out (which I presume is 3 stable hydro readings?) then back sweeten??

Sorry again for the questions, basic stuff but I really am at the bottom rung of this long ladder lol

Marrsy86 said:
WelshJohn said:
Wow, will be trying some of these. Especially the ginger beer, it sounds great! What are the plastic labels that you have on your DJs in the pictures? They look handy :)

I made them, cost around £2 for one of them A4 plastic wallets from staples. I just cut them into a hook shape got about 40 from the one folder.

They look like these.

Hi Marrsy

The link for the plastic you used for the labels doesn't work, can you post a new one please. I was thinking of using Poly Pockest but they are a bit too flexible.

Hi,

if i want to make 20 litres of vimto wine do i just muliply everything up like the amount of tea and stuff?

Thanks

FD

foto.dogg said:
Hi,

if i want to make 20 litres of vimto wine do i just muliply everything up like the amount of tea and stuff?

Thanks

FD

Yea mate that should do the trick just fine :)

and cheers BB :cheers:

I have fixed the broken links on the first page with some on a new host. I will try to update all the links over the coming week or so to the new host as it looks alot more professional and easier to download for reuse for people.

Also planning on updating the recipe list with a few new additions over the coming months if I have time but I am bogged right down with work!

Marsy,

Once fermentation has finished do i have to age in the FV or can I bottle it and allow it to age in the bottle? I'd like to get another brew on ASAP, BBQ season is only around the corner!

Thanks again

FD

I would age it in the FV mate, Brews tend to age better when stored in large volumes, makes it harder for temperature change to effect them aswell.

Are you? not able to get your hands on some water bottles and adapt the method I links to convert them into an FV to get some new brews on the go ?

I will be bottling it in 2 litre pop bottle, is that bulk enough? I had a taste yesterday when doing a hydro It's amazing already. Thanks for the recipe.

FD

I don't think I have the will power to let it age. I want to get bottled so I can do another one!

haha well I hope you enjoy the brew either way :)

I have started working on some new recipies based around moleys guide to making WoW I will be uploading them over the next few days.

Updated the recipe list with a few wine guides I have developed using moleys excellent WOW guide as a bench mark.

The new recipes are linked from a new website I have set up, If this thread has helped you out then I would appreciate it if you could click on ONE of the google banner ads on my site here. Dont click on alot of them as they will just be ignored by googled and wont count :p

Also the new recipes I have linked have links to amazon for some supplies. If you need home brew supplies then I suggest you use the forum board sponsors on here as they can offer much better customer service. The links are in the recipes for randoms who stumble upon my site from other sources to try make a little money from it.

Also The chocolate wine recipe doesnt turn out very good but it is worth a try if you have a spare DJ :p

Latest posts

Back