Map of Wild Hop locations in the UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who jealously guard your hops I'd suggest you could be a little more generous, you're probably not going to use the kilo of hops a mature vine produces! Or at least put on plants you notice/know about but dont use?
o.k....o.k... :grin: here you go...anyone been to Fawcettes lately.....stand outside looking at the office door, walk to the left corner of the building and look down the road to the right, about 50 yards up on the left there's hop plants growing up the side of the warehouse...or there were last year. I think someone had a sense humour planting them there :lol:

BIGJIM72 said:
There are quite a few wild hop plants growing around the Swan on the Green (Kent,directly south of the M26 label near Maidstone). The pub has a microbrewery onsite as well with some decent brews-not cheap though if you eat in,but food is pretty reasonable standard of fine dining.

As an aside...also good for foraging walnuts in late september/early october from the tree(s) on the green. Which is when the brewery normally puts on green-hopped beers in place of the regular selection.

All of which reminds me that I am well overdue a visit.

johnnyboy1965 said:
I honestly cant see the point of this. If you dont know the variety, then you dont know if they are any good for brewing

Have you never had a go at brewing with wild hops? It's a bit of a gamble, but entertaining, and everyone loves a good forage!

Thankyou for your additions all you kind hearted people. It is possible to add them to the map yourselves if you have a google account as its 'open' for anyone to edit.

Anyone know of anywhere further south of Devon? I'm in Cornwall and have never seen a wild hop plant. Perhaps Cornwall doesn't have the right conditions?

Excellent.... Let me know the details (address, best date/time for you) and I'll fit around your needs if I can..... What are you wanting for the rhiozomes??

i have sent you a pm dont look like my pm is sending sitting in out box ??????

yes plz i would love to have some plzz hops if you have some spare
i am also in a brew club in beeston a guy there is growing Prima Donna i may be able to get some of them if you like he was talking about it on wednesday meeting :thumb:

evanvine said:
froggi said:
What are you wanting for the rhiozomes??
They are free to collect!
I've been experimenting since last year's failures, give them a week and me a PM!

lol make sure you put tags on them so we know wot theses are :thumb:

evanvine said:
Got your PM taz!
Should have circa 8 growing Rhizomes, any I dont get rid of I will plant somewhere and mark them on the map (is this cheating?).

Officially maybe...but there's some growing down by a river near me and that's in North Wales and some in the hedge at the allotment. .

Cheers

Clint

They are free to collect!
I've been experimenting since last year's failures, give them a week and me a PM!

Sheffield is to far for me to collect but I would happily pay your costs if you were willing to post a couple (one for me, one in the wild to go on the map):thumb:

Latest posts

Back