How to Cultivate yeast from a bottle of Westons Old Rosie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used this recipe and after 2 attempts (first starter failed) have an Old Rosie TC on the go!

It needs to stay in the primary fermenter another week, and then should be around 1000 gravity. I was hoping to bulk condition for 3-4 months for MLF, what temperature is best to bulk condition at? I live in Australia so its hot here, I was thinking trying to get it in my fridge at around 18 degrees C. Also it's only a bar fridge, so I'll stick it in 2x10L cubes.

Would there be any issues if I just stuck it in a 25L cube and left it in my apartment without cooling (temp range of say 15-30 degrees C over the Summer period)?

Cheers for any advice!

Traditionally cider was matured over winter in the UK so I would drop it down to 10-12 if you can. :thumb:

Great to see Old Rosie has travelled so far :clap: :clap:

My excuse for the first starter not working was the fact the bottle of Rosie had to travel so far to get to Australia! :cheers:

Thanks for the advice, makes perfect sense! I'm guessing they would primary ferment in England during late spring, so the fact I have it at around 18 degrees in the primary fermenter sounds like a good temperature. I look forward to playing the waiting game and watching for the MLF :thumb:

September/October time would be the traditional time to ferment. :thumb: :thumb:

Mines been just over 2 months now and it still looks the same - a little bit less than the picture on the previous page. It's in the garage so can get quite cold now, is this a problem? Not sure what to expect so always expecting the worst!

Mine is always left in the cold after it has fermented no problem. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back