Conkerwood.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PD

Landlord.
Reaction score
I purchased my next two brews today first being St Peters Red Ruby Ale kit which I've nearly drunk the first brew. Suited me and my son very well indeed and turned into a lovely clear pint, but alas its nearly all gone.... so another 40 pints will be going on shortly... :D
The second 2 can kit I bought today is new to me Muntons Old Conkerwood Black Ale.
I see from a search on the forum several members have made this and overall it has has favourable reviews. Anyone got any recent reviews on this ale after a few weeks/months storage, especially in bottles ?
I've been told that its not a stout, not a dark ale but classed under a separate identity as a Black Beer, what they meant re that I'm unsure. %abv is supposedly around 5%.
So tonight I shall be ensconced in my garage and kitchen putting this one together, supping a couple of home brews in the process whilst all those " beautiful " people are heading off to the nightclubs etc for their own fix. ( mustn't mock the afflicted ) poor things.
In fact I might put a cd on and jig a bit myself.... :party: :party:

Judging by the noises that come out of my daughters room, you don't need a CD these days. Just find an electrical device from your kitchen... food processor for example. Whack it up to full speed, then just shout in a strange guttural fashion over the top of it. Should do the trick

Red Ruby Ale sounds nice, may have to try one once I have an empty FV :)

Latest posts

Back