Woodfordes stuck

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring Heeled jim

Reaction score
I've got a Woodfordes on the go which has stopped at, you guessed it, 1.020.

I know there's stacks of threads on this but I'm unsure what would work best for kick-starting it:

* Giving the sediment a gentle rousing;
* Buying some yeast enzyme and hoying that it;
* Buying some Safale 04 and pitching that in;
* All of the above?

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim

Don't think there is to much more to add - you seem to be on top of things. I would just got for the gentle rousing and leave 24 hours. If there is no sign of things working again then I would add some rehydrated Safale if you have it.

Hope it goes well.

D

RELATED:

I have a woody in the keg now after three weeks in there, it is still as cloudy as our summers :D is there anything i could do to clear it or is it just a case of wait - wait wait? I am drinking it regardless :oops:

BeerBelly said:
I have a woody
:rofl:
How much beer have you drawn from the keg? You may find it's clear after 2 or 3 pints. If you move the keg, then the sediment will rise and need to be left again to settle.

I find that kegged wherry takes ages to clear, at least 6-8 weeks. I suspect that some form of slow fermentation is still going on chewing away at the residual 'sugars'.

I have some wherry now at the 4 month old stage and it tates very good. However it's not viable to wait that long for a beer to clearand come into condition, I can get an AG beer into ready in a few weeks.

Wherry is a good kit, be prepared to wait 3-4 months for it to be at it best, or go AG becasue life is to short.

Is that due to the kit-yeast? I know a lot of peeps have probs with stuck fermentations when using the supplied yeast. For this reason I have used Safale 04 in mine - mebbe this will help with the clearing too. :hmm:

Could be, s04 drops well. But then my wherry cleared in a fortnight with the kit yeast.

BeerBelly said:
I have a woody in the keg now

Thats quite enough about your romantic tendences young man. Now hold steady there china, hold steady, it should be improving quite dramatically, half a pint once or twice a week till its proper, you shall know when it is if you a beer drinker be.....

Latest posts

Back