How To...Move from Kits to All Grain (Explained)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumb: hi, thanks j.p., have got that printed off for now, have been looking at it, and for the time being, i am having to stay put with the kits for now, its a case of no spare money right now!! but am still brewing nonetheless, infact i ahve a youngs lager to bottle, as well as a brew buddy lager to bottle, and a geordie bitter to bottle!, am trying to get a stock going!!
But thanks for all the great and interesting replys!!
Thanks

if you need a hand converting a cool box to a mash tun and boiler/hlt ( the tesco kettle element way let me know i only m1 j25 just down the road from you :thumb:

falafael said:
hi, i bottled 160 pints this week,and am drinking some geordie bitter right now (2.20am), from 3 weeks ago, and can say am bloody impressed by it...however, one of my favourite drinks is hobgoblin as well as golden glory, now i have seen the ingredients for sale on a link on here from someones post, forget who, but anyways, it costs £9.95, thats not the problem.

Since its all grain and hops etc, its made differently from a kit, and so,i would like to know what sort of equipment do i need to have to brew from grain, hops etc,because i would like to have a go at that sort of venture as well!
Also, is there a recipe for golden glory on the site, or does someone know somewhere that does!!
Thanks guys

Probably worth mentioning the Brew in a Bag (BIAB) route as well. It's the cheapest way of doing an AG brew and just involves a boiler and a big mesh bag. Beyond this I'm the wrong person to ask as I use a mash tun but Rich27500 makes good beer using this method.

Did any of you 2008 newbies go down this route?

Thinking of the opening poster etc.

Latest posts

Back