boiler thermometer, digital or dial ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loady

[Superlative Сasual Dating Real Women]
Reaction score
Having just read guybs thread on his thermometer, are dial ones more accurate than digital, I have spent good money on my shiny kit so I was thinking I would like to have probes in my boiler that I could 'hot swap' a digital thermometer to, I'm sure I have seen these and are they a cheaper way to do it ?

evanvine said:
I think I'm being thicker than usual, why would you want a thermometer on a boiler? :wha:

I fitted mine Jim for the 80c steep of Styrian at the end of the boil :thumb:

Also gives you an idea when boil over might occur, or could I risk cutting the grass / empty the bins

Vossy1 said:
Both will need calibrating initially and both should be as reliable so it's up to you really :cool:
I'm sure I have seen these and are they a cheaper way to do it ?
Bayonet fitting PT100 etc...you're not going mad :thumb:

Ahh..the man with his finger on the button...got some pics for you instalalation ??

I am putting temps gauges on both HLT and boiler because i will need to get correct strike temps for HLT ? and on the boiler....so i know when it cools enough.

Just google "Bayonet fitting PT100" :eek: ...where do i start...where do you get yours ?....i obviously will need a head unit then 2 bayonets for HLT and boiler...and maybe one for MT :party: ?..and possibly a hand held one for testing temp of grain before mashing so i can get work out spot on strike temps ?

Latest posts

Back