Mini Kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get enough carbonation for a lager in the kegs?

Would be fine for me beers but swmbo don't like beer :party:

Would be tempted with these especially for the summer with a good BBQ

I got through 2 kegs of Wherry with one CO2 cartridge, just changed it shortly after putting the tap on keg 3.

johnnyh said:
I got through 2 kegs of Wherry with one CO2 cartridge, just changed it shortly after putting the tap on keg 3.

They sound rather reasonable till I can get the full corni set-up. Might try and get a few :D

I went with them so I could keep an amount chilled as I don't have the space indoors for King Kegs/Budget Kegs. I also keep an amount in bottles so I can have a choice of brew - until I get another tap.

Only slightly OT, has anybody found good ( not rusty) minikegs taint the Beer?
No metallic tastes or other nastiness ?

I'm still interested in mini kegs even though I have a IBrew that should do all I need including force carbonating.

ATB. Aamcle

The only issue I had was when I used ChemiproOxi and believed that it really was no rinse......

I had a metallic taste in the beer, as soon as I started flushing after the Chemipro all was well

Cheers Tom

No taint for me. Have done comparative tastings of the same beer in bottle vs easy-keg, and the results are very close. The only slight difference was in rate of carbonation due to different volumes. The poly-pin, on the other hand, didn't taste as good as the bottled and easy-kegged versions...

Hmmm, i was thinking about buying some of those. But, if you prime in the kegs, there will be sediments. And the tube that suck the beer out is really long and nearly touching the bottom. So does these mini-kegs suck up allot of sediments as well?

Nope...they don't so much suck the beer out as the CO2 in the headspace pushes down on it and forces the beer up the tube. I tapped a new one last night and had a pint - clear as bell. I'll draw another one and take a pic in a little while and post it up.

Don't know how this is going to look, but here we go:

APASpecial_zpsadba3765.jpg

ryanshelton said:
Anyone know what the value of the SS mini 5L kegs with integrated tap would be?

£4.99 each from Leyland home brew(my LHBS), they do the co2 taps and all the other gubbins too.

ryanshelton said:
Great, do they come with taps etc or are they extra?

They have a built in tap and a vent in the top which you can open to let out the last of your beer when the pressure has dropped.

If you fit the co2 tap the vent and integral tap become redundant, they even do a hand pump attachment for them too if you want smooooooth beer.

Back