Your best ever WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cherry and WGJ WOW update for Chippy_Tea :

gave it its first racking this morning, slightly dissapointed as I couldn't taste that much cherry, but other than that it seems like it might turn out to be quite an acceptable rose :D and who knows, the cherry might come through more once its had a couple of months in the bottle, it was a bit fizzy and young for me to get a proper taste :L anyway I topped it up with more WGJ (resisted temptation to use RGJ) and I expect I'll be bottling it in a week or two

Best one so far is for a rosé: 1 litre of red grape and 1 litre of apple juice with 750g sugar in a gallon brew. It was *just* short of flavour though and I added a dash of strawberry Ribena when serving. I've revised my brew with an additional 0.5 litres of red juice and I may add a teaspoon of acid if it needs it.

My notes from the time were that 1 litre red grape with 1 litre white grape didn't work and tasted a bit like sherry; and another experiment highlighted that white grape (from a carton) by itself doesn't make a very good brew. White grape pressed from supermarket grapes works well if you use it in the same ratios as for WOW (2.5kg of fruit makes about a litre), but needs boosting with other complimentary juice like apple and a bit of lemon as it's short of flavour compared to wine grapes.

caitlintilt said:
Cherry and WGJ WOW update for Chippy_Tea :

gave it its first racking this morning, slightly dissapointed as I couldn't taste that much cherry, but other than that it seems like it might turn out to be quite an acceptable rose :D and who knows, the cherry might come through more once its had a couple of months in the bottle, it was a bit fizzy and young for me to get a proper taste :L anyway I topped it up with more WGJ (resisted temptation to use RGJ) and I expect I'll be bottling it in a week or two

Thanks, i have added it to your recipe in the "WOW Variant" thread.

I think i will still give it a try and top up with cherry to give it more flavor and sweeten it, i can then use the half litre that is left to start another if it tastes good.

2.5 litres of Cherry and 1 litre WGJ.

Could someone advise how i would up the recipe below to make a 5 gallon version.

Thanks in advance.

Pomegranate wine.

2 litre Pomegranate juice.

1 litre WGJ.

700g Sugar.

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of strong black tea.

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super yeast)

1 tsp Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerene.

Times most things by 5.

Except yeast as 1 tspoon/packet should still do(read label)

I often use less pectolase - probably just being stingy though :?

Hope this helps :D

My best WoW is

1 litre of Blueberry juice

2 litres of Red Grape Juice

1 Kg of sugar

1 Tsp of Citric Acid or Juice of one Lemon (lemon juice is better in my opinion)

1 Tsp of Yeast Nutrient

1/4 Tsp of Epsom/Andrews Salts

1 Tsp of Youngs Super Wine Yeast Compond

Water to 4.5 litres

This makes a lovely fresh Rose

Well I've done several variants,

Mango and Mango.

Apple and Pear with Elderflower.

Orange and passion fruit.

All done to wurzels recipe and they turned out fantastic.
His recipe is pretty fool proof and very easy to do, my personal favourite is the mango one.

Latest posts

Back