Best Wine Kits ???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i recommend hamstead home brew they do there own 30 bottle kits there really easy to do and ive never had a bad 1 ive done 4 diffrent ones they got a web site and they mail order i tried a cantini kit which came out nice aswell but i found a little more messin about with it

Thanks for the info gonna have a look at the ones recommended.
I will let you know which one I am gonna use.
:thumb:

Thanks for that Amadeus......
I have been following the Wurzels Orange wine......just do not like the sound of it :sick:
Trying to make my mind up the Beaverdale kits get some good write ups and seem quite reasonable cost wise.

Quite a lot of people think that the Wurzels orange sounds a bit weird.
Trust me though, it's a good one. Been passing bottles of this around and every time I get the look when I tell them what's in it. Then the look of surprise when they taste it!
I'm having to do a 5 gallon batch whilst another 5 gallon batch is clearing now.

If you've got a spare DJ it's worth the couple of quid or less to make up a gallon.

tubby_shaw said:
ricardo said:
..just do not like the sound of it :sick:
Don't like medium dry white wine :wha:

Wurzels is a very nice wine, looking at the list of ingredients some may wonder why, try it, I dont think you'll be dissapointed and if you dont like it, the people you give it to might?

Wez said:
tubby_shaw said:
ricardo said:
..just do not like the sound of it :sick:
Don't like medium dry white wine :wha:

Wurzels is a very nice wine, looking at the list of ingredients some may wonder why, try it, I dont think you'll be dissapointed and if you dont like it, the people you give it to might?
Believe him :thumb:
Both Wez and I are secret wine snobs :whistle:

And another vote, it's ridiculously simple and makes a very pleasant medium / medium-dry white wine. I've given a few bottles out, it has always been well received and my guinea pigs have been gobsmacked when I've told them what it was made from and what it cost, which is usually around 40 - 45p a bottle.

Moley said:
And another vote, it's ridiculously simple and makes a very pleasant medium / medium-dry white wine. I've given a few bottles out, it has always been well received and my guinea pigs have been gobsmacked when I've told them what it was made from and what it cost, which is usually around 40 - 45p a bottle.
I give bottles of this to people who say that home brewed wine isn't nice, I've converted a few for the sake of 50p :party:

Flippin heck started something here I did !!!!
Against my better judgement I am going to set up a brew of Wurzels Orange Wine....... :hmm:
If its 'orrible I will send SWMBO round to sort you lot out.... so be warned.
:mrgreen:

Welcome to the cult of Wurzels :clap:
Observe all warnings about leaving enough airspace etc though. ;)

ricardo said:
Flippin heck started something here I did !!!!
Against my better judgement I am going to set up a brew of Wurzels Orange Wine....... :hmm:
If its 'orrible I will send SWMBO round to sort you lot out.... so be warned.
:mrgreen:
Hope you do like it dude.....but even if you think it tastes like dish water, for what it costs to make it sure wont be the end of the world :mrgreen:

As for a good kit I agree with the above, Selection kits are superb :thumb:

Aleman said:
And I bet the Kenridge kits are as good as they sound

Really happy with the Kenridge one-gallon kit that started me off in brewing - awesome instructions which explain the why as well as the how (including photos), comes with a glass DJ instead of a plastic bag, and the wine is good after maturing for a month or two. They include sanitiser, sulphites, the lot.

Latest posts

Back