Mangrove Jacks Craft Series Brewers Yeasts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike77

Landlord.
Reaction score
I was checking my local homebrew shops website today and stumbled across these dried yeasts from New Zealand. Anyone ever used them?

Manufactures site http://mangrovejacks.com/collections/craft-series-yeasts

Seems like a good range of dried yeasts. In particular the M10 Workhorse Yeast sounds interesting. The manufactures site says "Suitable to ferment lager styles at 15-20 degrees C (59-68 degrees F) and all other beer styles at 20-32 degrees C (68-90 degrees F)." That's a hell of a temperature range.

Planning to pop up to my home brew shop tomorrow and may pick up a couple of pack of this stuff.

I've got two of them - the M07 British Ale I've brewed a honey beer with, and results seem quite good although the beer's not ready yet because of the heat! It's fermented quite clean with some esters and some relatively pungent flavours in the beer itself, which is a good sign.

The M79 Burton Union I am using tomorrow in this cheeky number. Good to have a dried ESB yeast readily available! The range is good and while I doubt they'll be great, they will certainly very useful for brewing new styles without much investment in the yeast. I will use the Belgian in a few months in a thick Duvel style beer for christmas :thumb:

some results -

the english ale yeast has turned out a nice ale, somewhat less fruity than the s-04, but a good balanced profile! it allows the hops, malt, and honey taste through in equals amounts. not a bad yeast at all.

the m79 is too young to tell, but it's turned out a very drinkable porter very quickly. fermentation was quick, yeast does not compact well so far, but the number of fermentation related off flavours seems very minimal. I'll have more in 2 months when I open it :thumb:

Nice one, sounds good. The guy in the shop was pretty positive about these yeasts. I'll probably brew with the M10 Workhorse tonight. I'm just mashing just now while I plan out my recipe.

So I pitched the m10 yeast late last night into 25l of wort at 1.050. I just took a reading and it is currently at 1.016. So after about 25 hours its has just about fermented out. That's some pretty fast working yeast. Still getting a slow consistent bubble from the airlock so it is still working away. The activity in the airlock was mad earlier today.

Back