'Ello from Yorkshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaeldonk

Reaction score
I thought I better introduce myself for fear of being told off.

I am definitely a newbie to the homebrew ways but my first attempt was quite successful so thought I would stick another two on.

I hope to keep learning and broadening my homebrew recipe portfolio but going to stick to the kits for the time being.

Happy home brewing :cheers:

Hello, I'm a newbie as well and just started my homebrew life. Good luck with your brews and welcome...

Michaeldonk said:
I am definitely a newbie to the homebrew ways but my first attempt was quite successful so thought I would stick another two on.

Welcome, and congratulations on your first brew. I was so proud of my first brew, I gave about half of it away to friends, family and colleagues! It's terribly addictive!

I found bottling to be a lot of effort, so I switched to Videne for sanitizing; and bought myself a bottle tree and a bottle rinser. They save so much effort. Next purchase for me - a second bucket (for batch priming and removing chlorine) and a bottling wand / little bottler.

M

Thanks for all the welcomes guys, I too gave half my first batch away, had 28 bottles and now I'm down to 10 after drinking a a few myself for sampling purpose of course, it just seems to get better and better.

I've just bottled my second kit which is On the Rocks raspberry and lime although I kept a few plain old apple to see the difference, they are warming up for the next week and then in to the spare room they go, hopefully I should be able to have one or two at new year ;)

My third is a turbo wash and it's already 3 days over instructed but the sg is still coming down so all seems well.

I've just ordered a wilko cervaza to try but reviews are mixed, as long as it's got a percentage I'll get through it lol.

Bottling is a pain and a little bottler is my next investment me thinks.

Happy brewing guys

Latest posts

Back