As with all hobbies! We want more stuff!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love6060

Reaction score
So with 4 days to go till the big man himself makes a visit to your humble homes!

I thought I would start a thread to find out what brewing equipment, kits etc, that you have or would add to your Christmas wish lists.

As I am relatively new to brewing only done a woodfordes wherry and a rosé wine which both are in fact still conditioning. I had 2 cheeky pints last night which where cloudy and flat and the head lasted a nano second, but that said it tasted nice after 2 weeks inside the kitchen and about 5 hours in the shed. ;)

I have decided that I would like Santa to leave a woodfordes Nelson's revenge purely because I am in the Royal Navy and I have read some good reviews.

When it comes to kit, well like I said I am a broob (brewing noob) so don't really know what to ask for! Apart from 40 pints worth of grolsch style bottles!

So maybe a thread like this May come in handy to find out what resent brewing trends are out there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS PEEPS AND LETS HAVE A VERY :drunk: BUT HAPPY NEW YEAR :cheers:

:cheers: I had a big box of goodies from santa (themaltmiller) the other day including a new shiny ss boiler :D

But if father Christmas were to leave me something under the tree...... I'd like it to be.... more room to brew and store beer :cheers:

I've asked Santa for one of two things this year.

Either a large shed for brewing in or one of the kids to move out and free up a bedroom sized brewery! :cheers:

I'm not holding my breathe for the second to happen any time soon. :(

I have asked for a Wilko bottle capper (then added a pressure barrel too) - bet it gets lost in translation and is interpreted as socks (again). I did think of asking for a Brewferm kit but the chances my OH could find the LHBS are slim to nonexistent :?

Have a happy Christmas everyone :cheers:

Dave.

A 10×8 fully insulated shed with brew fridge and a couple of conditioning fridges :pray:

OnlyFerment said:
I have asked for a Wilko bottle capper

Mine did very well for many brews but did eventually wear out and start taking the necks off bottles instead of putting caps on them. So if Santa is feeling very generous a heavy-duty capper is a better long term investment.

Some all grain kit, but I think a few more kits, some extract ingredients and a bottle.of star San.

Diggerg said:
A 10×8 fully insulated shed with brew fridge and a couple of conditioning fridges :pray:

I already have this and can definitely say you'll want to ask for a bigger one :thumb:

danb said:
Diggerg said:

I already have this and can definitely say you'll want to ask for a bigger one :thumb:

Is only for me though. I only do kits as I can't justify the expense of AG equipment. Maybe a Holly Willlobey calender on the wall as well. :D

i got myself a woodfordes Nelson's revenge hoping it drinkable for new years day. ment to be a very nice drink but i have tried it and its a little on the rich side.

am not 100% but i think the woodfordes Nelson's revenge is just a woodfordes wherry brewed to 32 pints not 40. it the same taste but richer

Many say it's too rich and to brew it longer, to nearer 40 pints than 32. I've done that and it's great. I think I sneaked in some extra fermentables, though. Actually, I know I did.

All I want for Christmas is me two front teeth............
And some more bottles,bigger shed,more storage space, more time to brew,and another pair of hands for when I'm bottling

winelight said:
Many say it's too rich and to brew it longer, to nearer 40 pints than 32. I've done that and it's great. I think I sneaked in some extra fermentables, though. Actually, I know I did.

i do all 23L kits at 20L as i was advised by a friend that brew and all his kits are nice, but with this been a 32pint kit i didn't want to under brew it and i am happy i didn't it would have been too rich to drink. next time and there will be a next time i may add a few pints say 34/35 and i little DME to keep the ABV up

ever way very nice pint at this young yeasty stage so with age it can only get better.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back