10L Grain Bill

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK117

Reaction score
Hi All

Looking at doing my second BIAB, but 10L this time. I don't want to complicate things with a complex brew, just looking for a basic pale. I have pale malt, crystal malt and some target hops sitting in the freezer. Any suggestions on a recipe for a 4-4.5% beer?

:cheers:

I'm no expert but I am planning an English pale ale with the below ingredients
79% pale malt
13% crystal
8% rolled oats ( for head retention)
Norther brewer hops for bittering and EKG for aroma and flavour.
Aims for an og of 1044, 42.3 ibu and 15 ebc.
Beersmith makes it 4.4% for my 20 litre batch that works out as 3kg pale, .5 crystal and .3 oats, 25g northern brewer and 3 lots of 10g EKG at 30, 15 and 5 minutes from flame out, hope this helps.

Cheers! That really helps. By rolled oats... Is that literally just.. Oats? Porridge oats?

That's what I'm going to use, I've not done it before but I read on another forum that some guys adds 200-400g in nearly all his brews purely for head retention and lacing. You can get oats from the grain suppliers but I believe they are the same as porridge oats, and obviously easier and quicker to get hold of. Hopefully if I'm wrong someone more experienced will pipe up and save us both!

Latest posts

Back