Suitable hops for English and American ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if you don't like the pungent American hops there are plenty of options apart from Citra. Try Amarillo at the end. And Centennial, Motueka, Wakatu, Crystal, Sterling, Mount Hood. There are other English hops you will like. Challenger, First Gold, Northdown for example. Do try First Gold, it's great.

Good call!

I only recommend citra at the end because woodfordes told me to. Not as explicit as that but when I suggested it they applauded my choice.

I'm from and live in Nottingham. We have no ties. But woodfordes were brilliant in helping me create my finest ever all grain beer.

Citra gives the tropica after taste.

Citra is impossible to get atm

Good call!

I only recommend citra at the end because woodfordes told me to. Not as explicit as that but when I suggested it they applauded my choice.

I'm from and live in Nottingham. We have no ties. But woodfordes were brilliant in helping me create my finest ever all grain beer.

Citra gives the tropica after taste.

Citra is impossible to get atm

It's expensive but I dont think it's impossible to get. I think my usual goto GEB has it in stock

Very glad I found this thread. Wish I'd seen it before placing my first hop order!

Really useful thread this.
Read some really useful stuff by Clibit - is he no longer a member on this forum ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back