The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just put my first ever ale on the brew, 21st of may, its a St peters ruby red ale,i will be transfering it into a keg on the 27th of may and then leaving it until the 25th of june, i cant wait :grin: i got the opportunity to try this before i took the plunge and have to say it was very nice too :thumb:.

Cheers

Rich

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your first brew, but don't be too rigid on your dates. Just because a kit says it's ready to barrel or bottle in 6 days doesn't mean it will be, that's only a guideline, a bit longer is usually beneficial.

Moley said:
Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your first brew, but don't be too rigid on your dates. Just because a kit says it's ready to barrel or bottle in 6 days doesn't mean it will be, that's only a guideline, a bit longer is usually beneficial.

+1 With what Moley say's.
I tend to leave mine in the FV for about 2 weeks and then move it to a secondry for another week before i bottle or keg it.

Latest posts

Back