Postal Bottle Swap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dads_Ale

Crafty Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bottle stocks have now been replenished and I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a bottle swap.

Sorry all gone now

1 - Deuchers IPA clone 4% - AG - no longer availabe

2 - Best Bitter 5.4% - AG - No longer available
3 - Cascadian Dark Ale (Black IPA) 5.4% - AG- No longer available
4 - APA 5.4% - AG - No longer available
5 - American Brown Ale 4.8% - HBC extract kit - No longer available

This will be first come first served so the first five replies get the goods. Swaps can be kit beers, extract beers or AG.

If you want a specific one get in quick and list in order of preference.

I will send out the bottles in proper bottle packaging so recipients can wait for mine to turn up then re-use the packing.

Looking forward to trying other members brews :cheers:

PS limited to UK only as can't afford overseas postal rates, sorry.

I would be interested in a swap, but first need to explore best ways to post. How are you packaging them? Using Royal Mail?

I would be interested in a swap, but first need to explore best ways to post. How are you packaging them? Using Royal Mail?
Hi Leon
I will be sending them by Royal Mail (second class) which was under £4.
They are in purpose made bottle postal packages (polystyrene inner)
:cheers:

If you fancy keeping a black Ipa aside for a few weeks I'll swap you with one of my AG black ipas when it's ready :)

ive a "robust Porter" "stout" "saison(low quantities Hic)""chalenger and fuggle pale" and "a nelson sauvin(sic)pale(bit green)" so im up for a swap

Wouldn't mind trying No.5 Just put some HBC Extract Kit Extra Irish Stout in 4 bottles today, so, if you fancy* one of them? Be a couple of weeks to carb up... have PET and glass.

Edit: *Or anything else out my sig...

Just one bottle left to swap - Deuchers IPA clone.

I've got a Deuchars IPA clone too :-D. In fact I've got two versions, the second version has turned out too pale in colour (despite using the grains suggested in the ex-head brewer's email to an American fan). It's still carbonating so its flavour is a mystery so far. You could have version 1 (as long as the Missus doesn't find out, we're running short and she loves it) in 500ml PET or bottle, or version 2 in 1 litre PET, 500ml PET or bottle.

OR...

Currently carbonating I have a Saison and a Rye beer. The Rye you have a choice of brewed with lager yeast, ale yeast or both.

OR...

I think I might have a bottle of the Elderflower Pale Ale.

Sounds like aa splendid idea. Would love to try one, don't mind which one! I've got a few on the go at the moment conditioning so will return the favour when they are up and running! Cheers.

All packaged up and ready to go. Just need to get them down to the Post Office.

DSCF6041.jpg

:cheers:

This is a great idea, nice one Dads_ale, I'll be getting into the spirit of it and offering some of my own too. Where did you get the packaging Dads_ale?

This is a great idea, nice one Dads_ale, I'll be getting into the spirit of it and offering some of my own too. Where did you get the packaging Dads_ale?

I got the packaging from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXPANDED-...78016009?var=440182645424&hash=item20d8e7b009

Not a bad price if you buy at least 10 or 12. And you can pick up from ARGOS if you want.
I went for the round ones this time but used the squarish ones last time. The round ones seem bigger so I am hoping the postage is still the same:pray:

Arrived at ~11:00, re-posted at the Post Office at ~13:00. Brew log also put in the document wallet.

I forgot to mark the bottle in someway so you would know which one is which on your shelf. It's a McEwan's Champion bottle with a Malt Miller branded cap.

Hope it's carbed up enough, the PET is still a wee bit soft for my liking :hmm:

Nice packaging, by the way, well worth the money :thumb:

Latest posts

Back